Russell Day Long Seat on a Transcontinental

Finally, received my Russell Day Long seat. Only have about 60 miles on it due to northeast Ohio weather and work. So far it is very comfortable. Seat height is much higher than stock. It is not attractive but not as ugly as I thought it would be. With the seat and the Helibars my TC feels as if it's lost 500 pounds! I was actually able to perform a U-turn without any anxiety. I will admit to wishing that I had the seat covered in leather instead of the vinyl.

Attachments

• IMG_20221001_082057237_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221001_082057237_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20221001_082105920_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221001_082105920_HDR.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20221001_082039392_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221001_082039392_HDR.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 104
Finally, received my Russell Day Long seat. Only have about 60 miles on it due to northeast Ohio weather and work. So far it is very comfortable. Seat height is much higher than stock. It is not attractive but not as ugly as I thought it would be. With the seat and the Helibars my TC feels as if it's lost 500 pounds! I was actually able to perform a U-turn without any anxiety. I will admit to wishing that I had the seat covered in leather instead of the vinyl.
Give the seat between five hundred and a thousand miles before you hit the nirvana of all motorcycle seats. I bet you'll feel like falling asleep on some long rides in the desert because of how comfortable the seat will make your ass feel. Congrats!

Following. I'm looking at seat options myself and curious to see what you think long-term.

Mike

Thank you Lloydw1 for posting pics. My Russell seat is in transit from Northern California. Estimated time of arrival for me is this Thursday. I had them build a back rest on mine for an additional $325.
I haven't ridden in two weeks now and am having anxiety issues. Will post pics.

Your bike looks great. I followed your lead and got the chrome oil cooler cover. Now I need to get those sharp looking Roland Sands decorations on the chrome heads. Gotta have that mod.

According to the Helibar website, the brake and clutch lines need to be disconnected to do the install. This seems like a deal breaker to me. I know the problems that follow when brake fluid is disrupted in the ABS unit. I'm not going there again.
Lloydw1 and nobody have gone down this road. I'm wondering about this complexity.

Back