Saddlebag inserts for Transcontinental

Any suggestions for inserts/bags to be used in the saddlebags of a R18 TC? Something of good quality that doesn't decrease the interior size too much would be great.
TIA

I have the OEM BMW bags, they fit perfect within my side cases; but, I can't remember when I used them last - I basically jam everything into the cases when traveling overnight. My point is, there isn't a whole lot of room in the side cases; I feel like the side bags eat up the little extra that is needed..

Same here, like Scott said. No point in adding those, unless your intention is to pull out the inner bags with the contents inside and carry them to your destination after parking the bike.

I have the bags too, they do take up some room but not too bad. Let's face it for the size of the cases the interior space is abysmal. The speakers are nice but eat up a fair bit of room too. You can get the bags on Aliexpress for about $55.

Don't know if this helps you but... I use those travel cubes in mine. I think mine are by Outdoor Research but there are several brands out there.
Been using them for years (decades? dammit): in suitcases, in backpacks, in Jesse's on my GS, etc. Allows myle to organize and compartmentalize all my crap, and easy to carry into a hotel if I'm ho-telling it. Even fit my CPAP into one.
I have the older BMW bags for the original panniers on my GS, tried them for a while but like the cubes better.

Same here, like Scott said. No point in adding those, unless your intention is to pull out the inner bags with the contents inside and carry them to your destination after parking the bike.
pulling them out with stuff inside is pretty much what I'm thinking of. Perhaps better than just stuffing my socks and underwear in the empty case? ;-)

Agree.
Using bags is way more practical (and hygienic) when on a road trip and moving to an accomodation.
My bags are more spacious than the Bagger/ TC ones. I bought the iside bags on Motea web site.

Back