Side Stand Dolly

Bettie12

Hi, For the users of the (selfmade) Stabi Lift. I made a Side Stand Dolly. Makes life a little bit easier. Total hight till eyeplate is 11 cm.

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 38
I decided to lift my R18-B model earlier today with the X-518 stand in order to clean the front and rear wheels; I purchased my Kern-Stabi stand used from a forum member, and decided to reverse the cross members in order to make it a little easier to install the jig to the underside, prior to lifting the bike...

Thank God I did this, I almost dumped my bike lifting it this morning; I think I had turned the handlebars earlier, all the way to the right in order to make it easier to put the jig in place, prior to me changing the cross members to the other side; which I learned this morning act like a catch-all kickstand if the bike should pitch away while lifting it....

I had to stand on the kickstand in order to recover and right the bike over to the kickstand side. Once back on the kickstand, I turned the handlebars towards the left and lifted the bike with no issues...

Thank God I was wearing my brown pants this morning..

For clarification: I reversed parts 6 & 7, so that the longer side sticks out on the right-hand side of the bike; I find it easier to install the X-518 jig and it acts like a catch-all kickstand if I should lose the bike to the opposite while lifting it up.

1684621769322.png

Back