Sidecar Riders and Installers...

I am going to do my sidecar with Texas Sidecar Company in Texas. They did the one in the picture which was the reason I am bought the motorcycle.

Attachments

• 14FB274D-3134-47C9-9D5E-3C3EF7FE098A_1_105_c.jpeg
    14FB274D-3134-47C9-9D5E-3C3EF7FE098A_1_105_c.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 26
To talk about sidecars in strictly a mechanical sense is not to understand sidecars. There is a human side to sidecars that only sidecar people are witness to. A person may hate the motorcyclist that goes by in the street but does not hesitate to talk to the sidecar rider taking his dog for a ride. I took my Ural to a German festival probably 20 years ago. As I was leaving with my son a man stopped me and asked me to stay for a few minutes more. He brought his 90 plus year old mother out to see the bike. To my surprise she broke down crying. The man explained that his mother's older sister had dated a German officer during WWII and the officer often came to their home with his bike w/sidecar to take the two girls for a ride. The man explained that her tears were tears of joy and thanked me for bringing the Ural to the festival. I have dozens of rememberances about how sidecars have added to my life. In some ways I almost feel sorry for the rider who has never had a sidecar in his motorcycling life. Oh, and they aren't like any other 3 wheeler. The picture is of my two current rides.

Attachments

• The pair.JPG
    The pair.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 7
I had a crappy 98 Ural Deco that died. Took the sidecar off and hooked it up to my Classic. Texas Sidecar Company did a stellar job with the connection. As far as voiding the warranty that is not true. The sidecar easily detaches so the dealer can work on warranty issues; only one so far. Using a Hex EZCan for sidecar lights with no warranty issues as well. Hook it up and enjoy life. FullSizeRender.jpeg

Back