ST2 systems brake module

Doyle

I bought the ST2 systems brake module that is supposed to make the brake light flash when slowing. Am having no luck in finding a good switched 12 volt source or the brake light wire. I have checked the wiring under the left side cover but the only thing I have found is ground! R18 FE. Anyone of you tried to install the ST2 systems module?

I'm not electronically inclined, so I would just use a can bus system (Denali works with our bikes I think, I'm hoping hex releases one for our bikes soon)

Doyle,

You'd absolutely need a multimeter with installing this kit. I looked up the instructions via google and yeah, it's pretty bike-generic.

Here's how I'd tackle it:

Figure out what positive wire is active only when the ignition is on. Maybe that's the license plate light? Runner lights? Something else under the driver seat that's only hot when live ignition? A probe with the multimeter with the bike on and off and a pen and paper will help with that (check off what works and what doesn't).

Once you determine positive hot, then you have your answer. Ground is...pretty much everywhere.

Lastly, for your fun and useless knowledge, Controller Area Network (CAN) bus is like your bike's nervous system, enabling communications between all "smart" devices on the bike, and I don't use "smart" like "Alexa" or "Siri", but rather your engine computer, ABS module, ACC, adaptive headlamp, dashboard, security, etc.

Mike

Doyle,

You'd absolutely need a multimeter with installing this kit. I looked up the instructions via google and yeah, it's pretty bike-generic.

Here's how I'd tackle it:

Figure out what positive wire is active only when the ignition is on. Maybe that's the license plate light? Runner lights? Something else under the driver seat that's only hot when live ignition? A probe with the multimeter with the bike on and off and a pen and paper will help with that (check off what works and what doesn't).

Once you determine positive hot, then you have your answer. Ground is...pretty much everywhere.

Lastly, for your fun and useless knowledge, Controller Area Network (CAN) bus is like your bike's nervous system, enabling communications between all "smart" devices on the bike, and I don't use "smart" like "Alexa" or "Siri", but rather your engine computer, ABS module, ACC, adaptive headlamp, dashboard, security, etc.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I did have the meter and checked several wires, no volts, but I will try again in a few days. Good to know about the can bus. Thought it might be the bus to Canada. Thanks.

Hi,
I purchased the Moto Scan app and hooked it up to my bike and the app does not support the abs module on the R18. I contacted Moto Scan and got the following reply “The ABS module with this ID was not yet known to us. It would be nice if you had the opportunity to take photos of the ABS module and its label with all the numbers. We can then get such a module and add the function to the app.” I can’t find any documentation describing the location of the ABS module. Any idea where it is locate so I can send info to Moto Scan so they can update their app.
Thx
Barry

Its by the battery. Behind it. Under the seat. I had to replace my rear speed sensor.

Motoscan works with my ABS on a 21 First Edition.

Back