To read or not to read

Have you unwrapped/read the book in your FE Commerative Gift Pack

• Total voters
I'm sure you can buy the book on Amazon if you want to keep the original wrapped. That's my plan anyway. Would do the same with the roundell's if I could buy them elsewhere.

Heck I even wore the white gloves and used the screwdriver in the FE Box to change the rondels. I also adjusted the fit on the ball cap and have worn the belt buckle a few times.

I treated the FE Gift Pack like I do with all my firearms - I shoot them! Collecting firearms and buying, selling (trying to sell), and trading custom made knives are my other "addictions"!

For an example, here is my most recent purchase; it is a S&W Model 1905 (aka 1902 round butt), a first of second change made around 1906-07. Chambered in .38 S&W Special and US Service Cartridges; is not .38 Special; it is .38 Long (aka .38 Colt Long). When my step-son and his family were her recently we took the gun to the range and shot a few cylinders full of ammo.

At first I thought the gun might have been professionally refurbished but all the indicators on the gun point to an all original finished gun including all serial numbers match! When a gun, this old, and in a high condition, it is often times called a sock drawer gun. I don't know any history of the gun but someone took very good care of it! Some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

barrel_left.jpg
190X_right.jpg

190X_left.jpg
cylinder.jpg
grips.jpgbarrel_right-2.jpg

I have a cousin in Texas who is well into his Firearms. He like you prefers to use them rather than just store them. The same goes for my Rolex Seadweller which has been on my wrist since 1977 and is very well used in the way intended. (Mixed Gas Saturation)
On the converse side. If I buy a collectors car etc, half the fun is in getting together all the original bits and pieces from the original radio to the first aid kit, brochures etc. If I was buying an R18 FE in years to come I would pay a premium for that box in unused condition. If most people didn’t use their things in the way intended, there would be nothing worth collecting!

Back