Torque spec for head pipe bolts

MilwDave

Site Supporter
I am going to be reassembling my exhaust system this weekend. I ordered new gaskets but after looking at them it was probably a waste of money. They look like two SS pieces of flat sheet. BMW must rely on precision machining to make the seal.
But I need the torque specs for the two bolts that attach the head pipes to the cylinders.

When I installed my pro race I couldn't find this info... The instructions also said to not put back the gasket at all in my case.... So I snugged them! No prob since. While you are using the gasket I would use the spec, if found!

When I installed my pro race I couldn't find this info... The instructions also said to not put back the gasket at all in my case.... So I snugged them! No prob since. While you are using the gasket I would use the spec, if found!
A contact at Cycle Werks in Barrington IL sent me this:
5nm closing torque, 25nm final torque

Torque specs for every bolt on an R1200c was once common literature. It seems this info is harder to find these days.
That’s part of BMW’s attempt to tie owners to the dealership. Not only do I think it will ultimately fail. I believe it will drive people away from the brand.
I for one have purchased my last BMW product.

Back