Torque Values for pannier rack and pillion seat

Hello Everyone,

does anyone have the torque values for the pannier rack mount? I was hoping to install them today but have no clue what torque values to use and/or if I should use a thread locker?

Also, does anyone have the torque values for the rear seat? I am hoping to replace the rear seat with a fender rack but can’t find the torque values for that either.

I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find anything with respect to actual torque values.

Thank you in advance!

I think if you look up the install procedure from bmw on some of the accessories you will find the values in it. Like the seat procedure and the pannier install procedure.

I am using the panniers from the 'Classic' model and it states 19Nm on them .. and I use purple Loctite for that kind of stuff .. I hope that helps.

Hello Everyone,

does anyone have the torque values for the pannier rack mount? I was hoping to install them today but have no clue what torque values to use and/or if I should use a thread locker?

Also, does anyone have the torque values for the rear seat? I am hoping to replace the rear seat with a fender rack but can’t find the torque values for that either.

I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find anything with respect to actual torque values.

Thank you in advance!
Rear seat: for example, for the Weekender Seat is 8NM. I suppose must be the same. You can always check (at least for reference) to the Installations Guides https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/service/manuals/install-manual.html

Back