TORX SIZE FOR THE THREE FRONT SCREW IN CHROME COVER

I'm looking to buy a low profile Torx wrench that will fit between the screw head and frame of bike. Off hand does any know the size of Torx Head needed to remove the three. I probably have a bit somewhere home to try, but I wanted to order while on my computer at office.

I'm looking to buy a low profile Torx wrench that will fit between the screw head and frame of bike. Off hand does any know the size of Torx Head needed to remove the three. I probably have a bit somewhere home to try, but I wanted to order while on my computer at office.
If you are going to attempt to remove the front engine cover without first removing the lower frame sections, it’s not going to work. There is not enough clearance.

Dave, my real goal is to remove the left side screw holding the emblem (BMW badge) on. One screw just turns and think it's the female thread rivet spinning inside. I have the First Edition emblems I want to put on. You think i can get to it if just have some room to get hand inside. Or should i leave well enough alone. Thanks
Jeff

Dave, my real goal is to remove the left side screw holding the emblem (BMW badge) on. One screw just turns and think it's the female thread rivet spinning inside. I have the First Edition emblems I want to put on. You think i can get to it if just have some room to get hand inside. Or should i leave well enough alone. Thanks
Jeff
So you are going to try and get behind the cover?
The cover is held on by (4) bolts and one of them is behind the emblem.

Yes, I wanted to get behind the cover to see what i can do to get that screw out holding the emblem without destroying it. Now you say the 4th cover bolt is under the emblem. Of all the LUCK!!!
I even tried some leverage under screw head while unscrewing and that did not work either. This is flaw I got with the bike. Now I cannot take cover off to even attempt. What now? Have dealer fix it? Or stick with the way it is?
This crap frustrates me!

Jeff - Download the Engine Cover installation document, it's a pretty involved procedure which requires supporting the Engine in order to clear the frame to gain access to the torx screw in question.

I looked it over earlier, in order to see if it called out the T-size for the torx screw (I can't attach it via my phone)

It's on the BMW Motorrad site under service / manuals / accessories installation instructions

Nah, I'm going to wait at this point. I'll post you on what happens. I've been looking at the GS-911 in case need to clear any codes. There are i think 3 different models depending on if want blue tooth and some other options.

Nah, I'm going to wait at this point. I'll post you on what happens. I've been looking at the GS-911 in case need to clear any codes. There are i think 3 different models depending on if want blue tooth and some other options.
Seems like a lot of forum members like the following OBD Tool:

OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9S71LW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VGNG793E4FK6NR2E8KYX

Also attached is the Engine Housing Cover Install Manual

1670542786467.png1670542786467.png

Attachments

• Engine Cover Installation.pdf
    18.8 MB · Views: 19
Yes, I wanted to get behind the cover to see what i can do to get that screw out holding the emblem without destroying it. Now you say the 4th cover bolt is under the emblem. Of all the LUCK!!!
I even tried some leverage under screw head while unscrewing and that did not work either. This is flaw I got with the bike. Now I cannot take cover off to even attempt. What now? Have dealer fix it? Or stick with the way it is?
This crap frustrates me!
Would you still be under warranty?

Back