Trick to replacing the reverse handle?

I bought the Wunder reverse lever for my R18B - tried to install it... I'm guessing you need to remove the set screw from under the bike with a swivel?

Anyone done this before?

thanks!

Instructions are on their website
Well, thanks... I never thought of that... LOL

But seriously, the instructions are useless.... it doesn't say what tools you need or will use, it doesn't show what type of screw each are (some are torx some hex head) the #3 image gives no hints on how to best remove or reinstall that screw.

Well, thanks... I never thought of that... LOL

But seriously, the instructions are useless.... it doesn't say what tools you need or will use, it doesn't show what type of screw each are (some are torx some hex head) the #3 image gives no hints on how to best remove or reinstall that screw.
Is the set screw not the same size as the one that comes with the new lever? It will be an allen key probably 4 or 5mm at a guess and you’ll need to just undo it a little turn at a time with the short end. Remember we use the metric system here in Europe so you may need some new tools 😉

Good luck though, I don’t know why BMW changed that lever from the older one, it’s kind of ugly in comparison but possibly it was in relation to feedback from owners finding it difficult to get in/ out of reverse so they made it larger. The Wunderlich item is an upgrade in that regard imo.

Back