Tyre Scrub In Transcontinental

Hi Folks

So just a quick question I am in Scotland UK and we are expecting some ground frost this weekend.

I have done around 850 miles on my new TC with lots of two-up and loaded luggage riding.

As much as possible I have been lightly touching down the Footplates each side (about a 32 degrees lean) so do you think my tyres are scrubbed in enough for frost ? 😄. Can't wait to try the heaters 👍IMG_2811.jpeg

Hi Folks

So just a quick question I am in Scotland UK and we are expecting some ground frost this weekend.

I have done around 850 miles on my new TC with lots of two-up and loaded luggage riding.

As much as possible I have been lightly touching down the Footplates each side (about a 32 degrees lean) so do you think my tyres are scrubbed in enough for frost ? 😄. Can't wait to try the heaters 👍View attachment 11966
Congrats on getting the footplates scrubbed in. We see a bunch of great riding in winter months, but black ice from snow melt that refreezes overnight and/or hoar frost that lingers in shadows until the pavement warms a bit in the late morning sun has given me more than one pucker factor moments. So I usually roll out after a "second cup" of my favorite hot beverage and enjoy my heaters while drag factors are more reliable ;) 🍻 🍻

Back