Vance & Hines Exhaust Mod: Removed Baffles

I am not one to like REAL loud pipes, but do like a more aggressive sounding exhaust and felt the addition of V&H pipes did not measure up comparative to when I had them on a HD years ago. I recently was chatting with some folks at the local BMW dealership and they showed me a recent project bike they did for customer that included the addition of the V&H pipes with baffles removed. Net net, simple project. To meet CA emissions requirements they place a spot weld on top of a nut (see picture) to satisfy CA requirements (from what I am told).

tempImageyrc83g.jpg

Now that’s got a real thump to it ! Nice - how is it on the road - any retuning needed or did the it sort itself out ?

Now that’s got a real thump to it ! Nice - how is it on the road - any retuning needed or did the it sort itself out ?
Sounds great, too soon to tell on performance but everything appears to be normal. Seems to have sorted itself out. LOVE the sound, not too obnoxious.

Pity the V&H can’t be fitted to the B/TC models - only choices I’m aware of is the Freedom Performance slip ons or the Jekyl&Hyde full system (no authorized installers in this side of Australia & they don’t sell to individuals) - any others members know of ?

Pity the V&H can’t be fitted to the B/TC models - only choices I’m aware of is the Freedom Performance slip ons or the Jekyl&Hyde full system (no authorized installers in this side of Australia & they don’t sell to individuals) - any others members know of ?
Zard full system fits all R18 variants

I am not one to like REAL loud pipes, but do like a more aggressive sounding exhaust and felt the addition of V&H pipes did not measure up comparative to when I had them on a HD years ago. I recently was chatting with some folks at the local BMW dealership and they showed me a recent project bike they did for customer that included the addition of the V&H pipes with baffles removed. Net net, simple project. To meet CA emissions requirements they place a spot weld on top of a nut (see picture) to satisfy CA requirements (from what I am told).

View attachment 6072

Hey Mark-
If you’re still on this site, I have a question. Once all the welds are grinder off and the retaining screw is removed, how did you remove the baffles. Mine seem to be stuck in there.
Thanks-

Hey Mark-
If you’re still on this site, I have a question. Once all the welds are grinder off and the retaining screw is removed, how did you remove the baffles. Mine seem to be stuck in there.
Thanks-
hi Sockguy
my dealer told me there harder to remove once used -need some kind of puller.

Back