Vinyl wrap on blinding chrome on TC fuel tank...

Chrome or not, the top of the B/TC tank with the fuel lid and phone compartment is not my favorite part of the bike. But there are much worse, like those cruisers with big speedos on the tank, looks awful...

I would love just a tank without ornaments and a fuel cap on top. I would easily sacrifice the phone/GPS feature for that.
Concur. I do like the looks of the TC tank but I'd happier with a more functional tank bag instead of the little phone cavity.

I pulled mine today and did the wrap on the fuel Cap cover also the little piece at the seat. Turned out rather well for my first time ever doing the wrap thing. I also left the phone holder out, I put a microfiber towel in the bottom of that rather big empty spot! I can get a garage door opener and set of gloves in there! cool! couldn't get my phone in there anyway, not without taking it out of my case. Being the butter fingers I am, I could see me dropping and breaking a 700.00 phone. No thanks, I have my phone mounted on a holder on the left side of my handle bars and the power cord goes right into a BMW power outlet on the instrument panel. Works great. I also put some anti-slip tape on the legrests (my left leg wants to slide off all the time. Broke it in a motorcycle accident many years ago) That turned out well too. Wunderlich Top case Luggage Rack, Boy, they are proud of that! But looks good and easy install. Erica Clearwater lights, Low beam. "Clowns to the Left & Jokers to the Right"

As for wind up the pant leg.......... That feels great on a hot Arkansas day! LOL

Probably should have posted all this on another thread, Sorry I'm on a roll! LOL

Attachments

• Leg rest.jpg
    Leg rest.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Fuel cover wrap.jpg
    Fuel cover wrap.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Phone holder hole.jpg
    Phone holder hole.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 28
  • Luggage Rack edited.jpg
    Luggage Rack edited.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Erica Clearwater's Low beam.jpg
    Erica Clearwater's Low beam.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I pulled mine today and did the wrap on the fuel Cap cover also the little piece at the seat. Turned out rather well for my first time ever doing the wrap thing. I also left the phone holder out, I put a microfiber towel in the bottom of that rather big empty spot! I can get a garage door opener and set of gloves in there! cool! couldn't get my phone in there anyway, not without taking it out of my case. Being the butter fingers I am, I could see me dropping and breaking a 700.00 phone. No thanks, I have my phone mounted on a holder on the left side of my handle bars and the power cord goes right into a BMW power outlet on the instrument panel. Works great. I also put some anti-slip tape on the legrests (my left leg wants to slide off all the time. Broke it in a motorcycle accident many years ago) That turned out well too. Wunderlich Top case Luggage Rack, Boy, they are proud of that! But looks good and easy install. Erica Clearwater lights, Low beam. "Clowns to the Left & Jokers to the Right"

As for wind up the pant leg.......... That feels great on a hot Arkansas day! LOL

Probably should have posted all this on another thread, Sorry I'm on a roll! LOL
A good day, eh!
I'm considering leaving the phone holder off the bike. Like you, I have to remove it's protective case to fit in the holder, which is a PITA when transitioning off the bike. With the holder removed there is some truly usable space in that spot.

Back