Where can I locate a switch on wire fore accessories?

Best place I have found is the Aux port
Isn't it funny how even after two years since these bikes hit the market we don't have a definite answer on where to tap for power? Almost every single bike that I've owned through the years came with a switched circuit tucked under the seat or toward the back of the bike. I don't know why this R18FE doesn't. It sucks and it's totally difficult to understand why not.
Some people said it's hidden on the left side, some others said it's under the right side, and some even said that it's somewhere under the tank. But when you ask for pictures so you kind of wrap your mind around the location of the said connector, nobody posts anything, or even worse, nobody replies at all. And I'm not talking about the aux plug on the left side of the bike!

For the Model B, it is fuse No. 3 which is a 15A fuse located within the same fuse holder as the bikes 50A fuse located on the Right Hand side behind the side plastic panel in close proximity to the positive battery jumper terminal.

Maybe check your owners manual to get started on the location of the fuses for your specific bike; I've used the Auxiliary power in order to NOT trigger any error codes and such for an Aux. Light project for my Model B. The Auxiliary power is switched power; however it has a shutdown timer of 3 min. after the bike is switched off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912-063059-307.png
    Screenshot_20220912-063059-307.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 13
Isn't it funny how even after two years since these bikes hit the market we don't have a definite answer on where to tap for power? Almost every single bike that I've owned through the years came with a switched circuit tucked under the seat or toward the back of the bike. I don't know why this R18FE doesn't. It sucks and it's totally difficult to understand why not.
Some people said it's hidden on the left side, some others said it's under the right side, and some even said that it's somewhere under the tank. But when you ask for pictures so you kind of wrap your mind around the location of the said connector, nobody posts anything, or even worse, nobody replies at all. And I'm not talking about the aux plug on the left side of the bike!
Canbus does not allow random additions and deletions from the stock amperage draw on the wire harness. It is not a BMW thing, It’s the new world.

You can get switched power anywhere it is available. Due to the first paragraph it can only be used to fire a relay that can intern be wired to the battery and voila, a circuit. Otherwise Canbus will throw an error.

I lieu of that, most people pull it from the Aux port. It has a dedicated 15 amp fuse, (I think). Thus, one can run anything they want up to 15 amps off of this circuit.

For a historical note on the earlier BMW’s, circa 2004 at least, the aux port was not switched. This had the obvious problem that anything connected remained on. Good news bad news I guess. I prefer the switched port they now have.

Back