Where's theMucker?

TodkaVonic

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Hey everyone. It's been over two months since theMucker logged in. This may seem like no big deal and, I hope it is. For those who don't know, theMucker was one of the most prolific members here, day after day, for about a year. Several if not dozens of posts a day. Always an opinion. Always pleasant and helpful. Then, as of June 20th, nada. And it's got me a little worried. I sent him a PM last week. Obviously no response. He had an YouTube presence as well and posted a link to one of his videos here but I can't find it. Anyone communicate with him? Any info?

Hey everyone. It's been over two months since theMucker logged in. This may seem like no big deal and, I hope it is. For those who don't know, theMucker was one of the most prolific members here, day after day, for about a year. Several if not dozens of posts a day. Always an opinion. Always pleasant and helpful. Then, as of June 20th, nada. And it's got me a little worried. I sent him a PM last week. Obviously no response. He had an YouTube presence as well and posted a link to one of his videos here but I can't find it. Anyone communicate with him? Any info?
I’ve been wondering the same. I know he also had a presence on the Indian forum. Perhaps someone here also participates on that forum and can ask around.

I noticed his absence too.
The Mucker had many very valuable interventions here.
Should be reassuring to have news from him.

This was posted today on the Indian forum.

It is with very great sadness to learn a half hour ago that my friend, The Mucker, passed away in June of this year. I had been trying to get ahold of him, to no avail. Today, we received a Christmas card from his wife, informing us of his passing. I don’t know if it was from Covid, or some other illness.
I can tell you he was a great guy, amazing bike technician, and a good friend who danced at my wedding almost 34 years ago. If you were lucky enough to have interacted with Ken on the boards, you know he was always willing to help out and share his significant knowledge with all who requested it. A very sad day, indeed.

His words, not mine and not written too long ago.

I am no one's sage or saint. But I will suggest this...
Don't put life off until tomorrow. Live it!
It may be that a new motorcycle (or whatever) won't make life perfect. But if it adds value and happiness or time to THINK it ain't a bad thing.
For me, getting out and in the wind helps to put things in perspective.

Only knew The Mucker trough the interactions on this forum, which really means I didn‘t know him, yet oddly enough, he felt like a friend and I am saddened by this news.

His words, not mine and not written too long ago.

I am no one's sage or saint. But I will suggest this...
Don't put life off until tomorrow. Live it!
It may be that a new motorcycle (or whatever) won't make life perfect. But if it adds value and happiness or time to THINK it ain't a bad thing.
For me, getting out and in the wind helps to put things in perspective.

I've made safe decisions all my life.
Not the greatest job, but the most secure and steady. (20 years w JnJ)
A nice house but nothing too fancy.
Used cars and a simple truck.
Even my Harley was 6 years old when purchased.
I'm on the verge - <90 days to retirement

This time, I'm buying something for me. Something new, Something where I can simply ride and think and THAT adds value. So while I'm new to the board and unfortunately never exchanged thoughts with The Mucker, I'll heed his advice.

"Don't put life off until tomorrow. Live it!" Gents, tomorrow's not a promise.

This was posted today on the Indian forum.

It is with very great sadness to learn a half hour ago that my friend, The Mucker, passed away in June of this year. I had been trying to get ahold of him, to no avail. Today, we received a Christmas card from his wife, informing us of his passing. I don’t know if it was from Covid, or some other illness.
I can tell you he was a great guy, amazing bike technician, and a good friend who danced at my wedding almost 34 years ago. If you were lucky enough to have interacted with Ken on the boards, you know he was always willing to help out and share his significant knowledge with all who requested it. A very sad day, indeed.

I've made safe decisions all my life.
Not the greatest job, but the most secure and steady. (20 years w JnJ)
A nice house but nothing too fancy.
Used cars and a simple truck.
Even my Harley was 6 years old when purchased.
I'm on the verge - <90 days to retirement

This time, I'm buying something for me. Something new, Something where I can simply ride and think and THAT adds value. So while I'm new to the board and unfortunately never exchanged thoughts with The Mucker, I'll heed his advice.

"Don't put life off until tomorrow. Live it!" Gents, tomorrow's not a promise.
This is not a dress rehearsal

Thank you for starting this thread.
Sad news indeed however I am sure your concerns and investigations would be much appreciated by his friends and family, not to mention those of us who only knew him through this forum.

Thank you for starting this thread.
Sad news indeed however I am sure your concerns and investigations would be much appreciated by his friends and family, not to mention those of us who only knew him through this forum.
I miss a guy I never met in person. I don't know if that's just sad, or sad but acceptable given our electronically-connected reality, or sad but acceptable and a little weird too? Maybe it's that I'm entering my late middle age and starting to think about my own impact and whether or not people will notice my passing? We are more than our words online. But at the same time, to those we encounter online, we pretty much are just our words. It's unsettling.

Back