• Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
  • A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which Jack recommended for r18 TC?

  • <i class="fa--xf fal fa-check "><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" role="img" aria-hidden="true" ><use href="/data/local/icons/light.svg?v=1791081245#check"></use></svg></i> Discussion starter Discussion starter VISAGR82011
  • Start date Start date
I have a kerb stabi for my Classic , but even with that i,m very careful , there is a blog on here with a guy who uses a jack , i think its under maintenance part 1 .
 
I currently don't have a jack, but my plan is the use a front wheel chock and a black widow steel motorcycle jack.
Black Widow Motorcycle Jack
There is a post somewhere on this site where someone was using this or very similar setup. I don't plan to do more than routine maintenance. I will let someone else do tires and anything else more involved.
 
I'm a huge fan of the KERN-STABI X-518 stand, you can definitely use it in combination with a standard floor jack; however, I have never had a maintenance or build project thus far, which required the front and or rear wheel to be lifted higher than what the stand already accomplishes.

I get the reluctance to order it and the associated shipping cost; perhaps, scope up a used X-518; OR...., just buy new and I promise, you'll thank me later... I use my stand all the time, even between weekend rides.. and especially for all of my DIY maintenance task.

Anyway, see the attached video - I tried to remove the guess work out of using the stand:

 
Back
Top