Windscreen Tinting?

Does anyone have the stock TC screen that is tinted half way down? I prefer it to the all clear one on my TC. Might have to look into the cost of that.

Turbulence has gone for me with the wind deflector fitted. Clean air hitting my helmet and no riot shield bolted to the fairing.
Hi, Alex. On my R18B test ride, I experienced turbulence and head shake from its standard short windscreen at speeds above 55 mph. I’m 6-1, with a 32-in inseam. Very interesting to hear that BMW’s wind deflector dialed down the turbulence for you. How tall are you?

I ask because I fear the best solution to mitigate choppy air for 6-foot+ riders would be to install the taller Transcontinental windscreen, but I don’t think it would look on a Bagger.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Hi, Alex. On my R18B test ride, I experienced turbulence and head shake from its standard short windscreen at speeds above 55 mph. I’m 6-1, with a 32-in inseam. Very interesting to hear that BMW’s wind deflector dialed down the turbulence for you. How tall are you?

I ask because I fear the best solution to mitigate choppy air for 6-foot+ riders would be to install the taller Transcontinental windscreen, but I don’t think it would look on a Bagger.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Hi, the turbulence has completely gone for me. I’ve ridden with visor up (admittedly I wear specs) to 80mph and it was fine. I currently have a Shoei NXR (I think this is the RF1200 in the US?) and I tried closing all the front vents on my ride at the weekend and it was virtually silent. The airflow is clean and can be felt mostly around my shoulders. I’ve been holding off buying a more open helmet until I tried this and will likely be purchasing a Shoei Ex Zero now.

I’m 6’ with a 31 inch inseam. I think the TC windscreen looks odd and top heavy on the B without the light bar and aux lights to balance it out.

There are a growing number of R18B riders who have gone to a bigger screen. My TC has a fairing the same size as the B. The TC screen on your B is a good move in my opinion.

There are a growing number of R18B riders who have gone to a bigger screen. My TC has a fairing the same size as the B. The TC screen on your B is a good move in my opinion.
I've been pretty much just closing the visor above 50mph, when it's warm enough to have the visor open otherwise. The TC shield is the least offensive looking for sure, but it still looks gigantic to me (not to mention BMW wants two windshields worth of money for it). I've been looking around at wind deflectors. Sadly, the one that I've seen wide enough to not look a bit goofy on such a wide shield seems to either be discontinued or transitioning to a new model number.

I actually test rode a TC when I was shopping, and it was too much wind protection (with the extra protections other than the shield of course). Swapping between the B and TC shield seems like a bit of a job, and a wind deflector seems like a saddle bag on and off sort of thing if necessary. It's about 25F outside right now, so such things will likely wait for warmer seasons.

I've been pretty much just closing the visor above 50mph, when it's warm enough to have the visor open otherwise. The TC shield is the least offensive looking for sure, but it still looks gigantic to me (not to mention BMW wants two windshields worth of money for it). I've been looking around at wind deflectors. Sadly, the one that I've seen wide enough to not look a bit goofy on such a wide shield seems to either be discontinued or transitioning to a new model number.

I actually test rode a TC when I was shopping, and it was too much wind protection (with the extra protections other than the shield of course). Swapping between the B and TC shield seems like a bit of a job, and a wind deflector seems like a saddle bag on and off sort of thing if necessary. It's about 25F outside right now, so such things will likely wait for warmer seasons.
I've removed and installed my B windshield several times, during the process of wiring and mounting the TC Auxiliary Lights to my B model; it's a 3 min. process with a cordless screwdriver.

I happy with the stock B windshield; however, I started wearing glasses for reading and such. I recently started wearing my glasses when riding, I didn't realize how cool the analog dials look within the dashboard.

I've removed and installed my B windshield several times, during the process of wiring and mounting the TC Auxiliary Lights to my B model; it's a 3 min. process with a cordless screwdriver.

I happy with the stock B windshield; however, I started wearing glasses for reading and such. I recently started wearing my glasses when riding, I didn't realize how cool the analog dials look within the dashboard.
Yea, I have seen the process on video. I guess not saying it's some hour long thing, just do like the idea of slapping a spoiler on for the highway, then taking it off for slow stuff.

Back