Windshield wind deflector

carbis

Hi every one,
I need to know if anyone using a windshield wind deflector on his r18b standard windshield? If so, which one do you have, and how effective it is ?
Thanks

I had one but can't remember the length of it (I sold the bike but you can measure it from the images reference), I trimmed it down to half of it height so I can see above it. Best investment without spending too much $.

Attachments

• 20231005_164724.jpg
    20231005_164724.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 20231005_164341.jpg
    20231005_164341.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 46
Thanks for your reply and pics; since there is no in between size for the windshield, between the bagger and the TC, would you recommend it to to rise the comfort and to lower the wind blast to the helmet?

I bought a puig visor (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor?sku_id=945998) in large (for a different bike, actually). Haven't run it myself yet, but guy that told me about it rode an R18B and was about 6'2". He said it made a ton of difference.

I'm a bit taller and the wind seems to be right above my shoulders, so not really feeling buffeting yet. Given, I've only ridden ~480 miles, so I might just not yet have ridden in a scenario where buffeting is a problem.

Thanks for your reply and pics; since there is no in between size for the windshield, between the bagger and the TC, would you recommend it to to rise the comfort and to lower the wind blast to the helmet?
Definitely. best $40 investment from Amazon.

Last edited:
I bought a puig visor (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor?sku_id=945998) in large (for a different bike, actually). Haven't run it myself yet, but guy that told me about it rode an R18B and was about 6'2". He said it made a ton of difference.

I'm a bit taller and the wind seems to be right above my shoulders, so not really feeling buffeting yet. Given, I've only ridden ~480 miles, so I might just not yet have ridden in a scenario where buffeting is a problem.
Thanks Big Jim for your input; I'll definitively give a look at the Puig product.

I purchased a similar one as Mike B , clip on and it works fine , i would not say it totally eliminates the wind noise but it cuts down the effect on your helmet .

Back