Wunderlich US prices

TravisD

Site Supporter
As we all know Wunderlich has a ton of accessories for the R18. Many things no one else has. Being in the US I had only looked at the US website until today. I followed a link on here to the European website and I couldnt believe the price difference. My next mod I want to do is the handlebars but had not pulled the trigger as the Wunderlich US bars are $650. On the EU website they are $430. Why the huge price difference? I am assuming they will ship to the US? It just seems crazy that the price is so much more for us in the US.

Same problem for me, luggage rack for a TC euro web = 249.00 euro x 1.45$ canadian = 361.00$ whitout shipping + custom fee, on wunderlinch usa = 369.00 USD x 1.35 canadian = 498.00$ without shipping, + custom fee

Ouff expensive for a luggage rack

As we all know Wunderlich has a ton of accessories for the R18. Many things no one else has. Being in the US I had only looked at the US website until today. I followed a link on here to the European website and I couldnt believe the price difference. My next mod I want to do is the handlebars but had not pulled the trigger as the Wunderlich US bars are $650. On the EU website they are $430. Why the huge price difference? I am assuming they will ship to the US? It just seems crazy that the price is so much more for us in the US.
Bet if they ship to us it will be same money I live in Scotland and anything I get is always dearer due to import taxes and postage

When I bought my WUNDERLICH stuff I could see a UK website but I don’t believe it is the company itself but a subsidiary or a 3rd party that sells other motorcycle parts inc WUNDERLICH ones. What I saw was that if the part cost EUR 100.00 in Germany the same notional was applied but in GBP, therefore it would be more expensive to by from the UK seller who was going to charge around GBP 20.00 for postage, so I went for the German side and paid in EUR including the postage and I saved myself a little bit. If I would have purchased something like the engine bars or other high value items then the savings would have been more noticeable.

Many years ago I use to buy aftermarket parts from a Californian shop called Cruiser Customising which sadly went under. Their prices were good and the shipping was very reasonable as well via UPS and even after paying import tax in the UK I was still making a huge saving compared to a shop here that affiliated and carry the same name to this day but the parts are way more expensive and never had the same amount of options.

Based in England. Unless it’s changed I believe the threshold for import tax on purchases abroad is about £140 so that’s another thing that personally puts me off buying any expensive accessories and having them shipped over. I would have thought it would make more sense to sell the aftermarket stock now, at lower prices, while the market is ‘hot’ (or as hot as it’s gonna get) rather than sitting on it and never getting any return on it? We all know that you buy these expensive accessories at full MSRP and then can hardly give the stuff away. I’ve still got bits n bobs in the garage for bikes I’ve had years ago. I can’t bear to just throw them, tried eBay and got nowhere. That’s another reason why I am reluctant to pour money into my R18. Been there done that.

Same here. To be honest as it is my B came fully dressed as it was an old demo with all the bells and whistles and all I have ever added was the leader sleeves for the grips and the stainless steel mesh cover for the radiator. If I ever add anything else it will be black engine and case crash bars but I am nowhere yet on the state of mind where I think I need to do it now.

I'm selling a lot of Wunderlich accessories (seats and sissy bar) so if you want something, hit me up. It's also in the parts and accessories section.

Check to see the currency conversation rates, shipping of course, and any import fees. My experience is that the prices are higher in Europe....

Based in England. Unless it’s changed I believe the threshold for import tax on purchases abroad is about £140 so that’s another thing that personally puts me off buying any expensive accessories and having them shipped over. I would have thought it would make more sense to sell the aftermarket stock now, at lower prices, while the market is ‘hot’ (or as hot as it’s gonna get) rather than sitting on it and never getting any return on it? We all know that you buy these expensive accessories at full MSRP and then can hardly give the stuff away. I’ve still got bits n bobs in the garage for bikes I’ve had years ago. I can’t bear to just throw them, tried eBay and got nowhere. That’s another reason why I am reluctant to pour money into my R18. Been there done that.
Another thing is that the bike is relatively tricked out as is. And unless your well versed in motors your not opening this thing up and changing cams, rods, et....
Also as you know I'm sure, you can spend a fortune on mods, when you sell the bike one day you'll get jack for all the time and $$ you put into it....

Back