10,000 Mile Update

LCRC18B

Hello Friends,
Wanted to post a 10,000 mile update (I need to ride more, but I have five bikes). I have a 2022 Bagger First Addition. For mods I added a 7Jurock 20" screen, vance and Hines pipes, TC winglets, Clearwater Dixi Lights, Billy Brake Light, Hornig Crash Bars, BrenTune, and a Russel Day Long seat. Have to say that I'm pretty pleased with how she's turned out. Longest ride in one day was about 6 hours of riding non stop; ready for more when I got there. The seat has been pretty much amazing. With the tall screen I can hear the speakers much, much better. When turned up they will actually hurt my ears without ear plugs. A couple of weeks ago I did a two day trip to the coast, took my Super Tenere because there were some dirt roads I wanted to do; about a half hour in I wished I had the big Beemer.

I think BMW has done something pretty cool with our bikes. We have the heritage of the boxer twin/airhead thing but with all the modern convenance. Valve checks are dead simple. Stop and go traffic the clutch doesn't dump heat into the engine like a wet clutch design. There is a lot to love. Anything below 75 mph is a dream. It's like a Motorcycle version of a Bentley or nice 7 series. Just wanted to post up my long term first impression. Sometimes people post problems more than the good news (including me) :) Cheers.

Hello Friends,
Wanted to post a 10,000 mile update (I need to ride more, but I have five bikes). I have a 2022 Bagger First Addition. For mods I added a 7Jurock 20" screen, vance and Hines pipes, TC winglets, Clearwater Dixi Lights, Billy Brake Light, Hornig Crash Bars, BrenTune, and a Russel Day Long seat. Have to say that I'm pretty pleased with how she's turned out. Longest ride in one day was about 6 hours of riding non stop; ready for more when I got there. The seat has been pretty much amazing. With the tall screen I can hear the speakers much, much better. When turned up they will actually hurt my ears without ear plugs. A couple of weeks ago I did a two day trip to the coast, took my Super Tenere because there were some dirt roads I wanted to do; about a half hour in I wished I had the big Beemer.

I think BMW has done something pretty cool with our bikes. We have the heritage of the boxer twin/airhead thing but with all the modern convenance. Valve checks are dead simple. Stop and go traffic the clutch doesn't dump heat into the engine like a wet clutch design. There is a lot to love. Anything below 75 mph is a dream. It's like a Motorcycle version of a Bentley or nice 7 series. Just wanted to post up my long term first impression. Sometimes people post problems more than the good news (including me) :) Cheers.
Regarding the Vance & Hines pipes, are these the BMW version and how do they sound compared to stock?

Yes, they are the BMW version. With the baffles out they sound good, but are a little loud for me for long rides. With the baffles in they honestly are not that different than stock (IMHO).
How difficult was it removing the baffles and what was involved? Are they easy to put back in if wanted?

How difficult was it removing the baffles and what was involved? Are they easy to put back in if wanted?
I had to grind off some welds in three places on each side to separate the baffles from the inner pipe. Was kind of a pain. Taking them in or out now is not very hard. You remove the end caps and then there is one bolt (the one that on some of the pipes is welded on and needs to be ground off). My pipes didn't need to have the nut ground off but you did have to do grind the weld in three places (as mentioned).

I had to grind off some welds in three places on each side to separate the baffles from the inner pipe. Was kind of a pain. Taking them in or out now is not very hard. You remove the end caps and then there is one bolt (the one that on some of the pipes is welded on and needs to be ground off). My pipes didn't need to have the nut ground off but you did have to do grind the weld in three places (as mentioned).
Good info - thanks!

Hello Friends,

Nice to hear. In the process of pulling the trigger on a 2022 BMW R18B FE

Back