100 YR ADDITION

Saw this bike in person and the Ohio Fuel meet at Hale Farm and what a beauty it is. BMW did a really neat job of combining a unique paint scheme, and a great looking seat into this special addition model.

Very nice. I didn't even think twice when i was looking at pictures of it - but when you see it up close its a beauty.

I have one and like it a lot.
I was surprised to see RideNow in Scottsdale had one on the floor still.
I was going to ask abt cost but didnt bother.
They are usually notorious for dealer fees.

Well I already have one, im just saying Im surprised they had one on the floor as of 2 weeks ago.
But that particular dealer is shall we say, very aggressive with their dealer fees.

When I bought mine, there was a dealer in North Carolina had one listed for $17.2K. “Demo”, but low mileage. 3 grand reduction from retail. I called from New Hampshire - they wanted $500 more for dealer prep and $500 more for sales admin fee. I told them I’d pay half their fees but no more. Never heard back.
Went to Max BMW the next day and they just happened to have one…which now lives in my garage!
My last known fix on Cycle Trader was approx 48 left in the US, as of 3 weeks ago. should be less than that now.

I was told they only brought about 90 of the 100 yr editions to the U.S.
Is there any way to find that out?
Cycle trader isnt always accurate in their searches and dealers dont always describe the bikes accurately.
48 seems like a lot of bikes left if the imported number was so low to begin with.

I was told they only brought about 90 of the 100 yr editions to the U.S.
Is there any way to find that out?
Cycle trader isnt always accurate in their searches and dealers dont always describe the bikes accurately.
48 seems like a lot of bikes left if the imported number was so low to begin with.
Interesting.....I read somewhere it was about 50%....this being the biggest market where they want to steal Harley's market share. I'll ask next time I'm over at Max BMW.

That's what my local dealer told me when I rode in on it.
I didnt buy from there but when I was shopping they said they were getting 1 allocation and it was presold.
They told me thats what the BMW district rep or whatever his title was told them.
When I was shopping back in April or whatever, I could only find about 15 of them where they were physically on a show room floor.
Now folks are saying there's 48. I kinda doubt that but I dont really know. Not sure I care.
The one in Scottsdale I saw they did the bobber rear tail thing and seat with the shorty exhaust.
I like it, but I paid a lot of money for that chrome rear fender...lol

The seat is visually beautiful forever, and physically bearable for a smidge less than 90 minutes. Mine is now securely stored away, replaced by the BMW/Mustang Cross Country Seat.
Sorry to hear the seat does not feel as good as it looks. I figured the 719 option with ribbing was better than the flat stock version.

Saw this bike in person and the Ohio Fuel meet at Hale Farm and what a beauty it is. BMW did a really neat job of combining a unique paint scheme, and a great looking seat into this special addition model.

Very nice. I didn't even think twice when i was looking at pictures of it - but when you see it up close its a beauty.
Yes, I thought the same thing...and bought one. I wish they had used leather for the red insert on the seat. That is my only complaint. Other than that they nailed it. I removed the rear passenger seat and foot pegs for a cleaner look. I plan to throw in the re map and air filter swap and leave it alone.

As far as price....the reality is....we are in a recession. Not everyone has 20k for a bike right now. Some dealers may have gotten only one, maybe some got none, big dealers probably two. Mine was the second one they received and was still in the crate. I'm in Los Angeles....a big market for BMW.
I've read the horror stories on here of the guys that bought R18s that had damage and problems. To me, the fit and finish on this bike appears to be as good as any machine I've ever seen....A piece of sculpture.....

Back