18 inch windshield(R18C only) from LRS:Perfect for 6'2"

D

Deleted member 939

Arrived at Long Ride shields in Reno/Sparks Nevada today and tested the 18inch curved windshield.The 18 is the one to get.Go figure The 18 foe the R18c,lol!:LOL:
The 20 causes some buffeting and is more fatiguing.The buffeting from the 20 is directlt on the face.

IMG_0430.JPG
18 inch shown here and in the ad.

Thanks for your posts on the LRS shields. I’ve been trying to find a decent taller screen since I got my bike in February.
Must confess though I'm a little surprised that the 18 ended up being the right one for you. I’m just 5'7” and I’m sure I need something taller than the stock screen. I have the Wunderlich extension on it now to make more than 50mph bearable so was going to go with 18 too.
Does the 18 have the wind hitting below your helmet?

Cheers,
Pete

I was able to try the 16,18 & 20 inch windshields from LRS to compare.The 16 works very well.Better than the OEM.The 18 works the best for me.
There is more air being pushed with the 20 causing increased negative pressure between my head and the windshield.I rode from Casa Grande to Reno with the 20.It has some buffeting and causes more rider fatigue.I had the 18 installed in Reno and rode rt 108 thru the Sierra mountains some 4 hours into California.
I like the 18.You may not,can't help any more than giving you my personal findings.
The windshield works well when I ride with a full face helmet on the R18C if traveling.Riding with a 1/2 helmet,not so much(or me)and certainly nothing like my full fairing Indian with adjustable windshield and lowers.After all it is a cruiser with bags and a windshield.
Hope that helps.

Appreciate the info. I found the stock 16 really unpleasant from about 50mph but it’s clear the recurve has a real effect, maybe equal to an extra 2 inches of screen. There are so many variables in this, seat, helmet etc and having the opportunity to test them all is really the only way to know. I’m in Australia so I’m just gonna have to make the best guess and live with it for a while. But with you being 7” taller, the 16 might be the one for me after all. Thanks for you help and happy riding.

Cheers,
Pete

Back