2021 R18 First Edition for sale

You've made some great mods and that is a killer price! GLWS
Thanks. If it doesn't sell I'll probably send the exhaust off to get debaffled this winter.
The price is best offer also. I'm not going to give it away but if somebody shoots me a reasonable offer they are going to get a super clean r18

How was the ride with the stock rear shock? how do you like the risers? Sweet ride and that front fender is so retro :)
tailer it down to Florida…

Last edited:
How was the ride with the stock rear shock? how do you like the risers? Sweet ride and that front fender is so retro :)
tailer it down to Florida…
The stock rear shock is fine for me. I did have to adjust it looser quite a bit because the dealer left it all the way tight from shipping mode. I'm about 200 lbs.
The risers are wonderful for me because it puts my posture rignt where it's comfortable. The better looking way to go about it would be to buy correct bars for me, but the risers match the chrome so well I don't think it looks bad. Obviously thats a simple thing to remove if someone didn't like them. I kept the original bolts. Florida is awesome but I prefer the smokies because of all the twisties👍🏻

Hum, i keep alternating about getting a used bmw and if so what year/model. How close does the bottom of that front fender come to that oil cooler? Yes, the Smokies is nice riding and I need to get up that way for a late September bmwra rally. Missed out on a used base model here in florida for $12,999 so guess that was not meant to be.

Hum, i keep alternating about getting a used bmw and if so what year/model. How close does the bottom of that front fender come to that oil cooler? Yes, the Smokies is nice riding and I need to get up that way for a late September bmwra rally. Missed out on a used base model here in florida for $12,999 so guess that was not meant to be.
I'll snap a pic of the fender/cooler clearance when I get home in a few hours👍🏻

Btw should anybody be interested in buying from a long distance, I've sold 4 or 5 of my motorcycles over the years to buyers buying sight unseen and using a shipping company. My work schedule is pretty flexible making it easy to meet the shipper. I can send pictures of it being loaded, tide down, etc

Can you check with your local bmw shop service dept and give them the vin# to see if it is a model that one can add the bmw cruise control to? Some early released models, for some reason, were not built to allow that. Guessing some or many many FE models cannot have it retro fitted after the fact.
Thank you

When I get home in a few hours I can post the VIN. I'd feel better about somebody calling their BMW dealer and checking on that for themselves rather than taking my word for it👍🏻

Can you check with your local bmw shop service dept and give them the vin# to see if it is a model that one can add the bmw cruise control to? Some early released models, for some reason, were not built to allow that. Guessing some or many many FE models cannot have it retro fitted after the fact.
Thank you
The VIN is WB10L1306M6D33069

About a 2" clearance. This is with the wheel straight.

The VIN is WB10L1306M6D33069
Thank you, will call dealer tomorrow to inquire. Asked a different forum member if he can save a used cruise control part for me until tomorrow when I check. Strange that some of the first R18fe that came out did not have, I infer, the wiring to add the cruise part…at least from what I glean from the forum post on this site.

The one the guy is selling came off a R18FE no less.

Thank you, will call dealer tomorrow to inquire. Asked a different forum member if he can save a used cruise control part for me until tomorrow when I check. Strange that some of the first R18fe that came out did not have, I infer, the wiring to add the cruise part…at least from what I glean from the forum post on this site.

The one the guy is selling came off a R18FE no less.
This is what my dealer told me when I bought it, but they didn't seem 100% certain yet either...
To add cruise on mine I would have to buy the left hand switch housing that has the cruise controls...and, possibly the right hand throttle since we wherent for sure if it would work with the throttle that's on it. Normally on factory cruise bikes you can feel a slight detent when you roll the throttle negative past its idle stop. To the best of my feel...it doesn't feel like mine has that

You are killing me here…well that plus and my bank sending me those ‘free’ money no interest check offers. You really need to trailer her down to the smokies for one last ride on her. Then we, having to an agreed price ahead of time, have you go back home with cash :)

You are killing me here…well that plus and my bank sending me those ‘free’ money no interest check offers. You really need to trailer her down to the smokies for one last ride on her. Then we, having to an agreed price ahead of time, have you go back home with cash :)
Lol I hear ya! I go to the smokies every year, was there in June. My parents have a place in Florida, a plane ticket to mid America Airport is around 60$ right now. I can pick you up at the airport and you can ride it home. It has the quick detach canvas bags on it. The swag box and other items we box up while your here and ship it👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for waiting Longshot. I have been told built dates after Feb 28th 2021 can be retro fitted with cruise. Believe your build date was Jully 2020 thus from what I understand it cannot be added unless one wanted to spend a boat load of $ (as in new wiring harness etc). I will need to take a pass on this bike even though it is drop dead sweet looking.

Thanks for waiting Longshot. I have been told built dates after Feb 28th 2021 can be retro fitted with cruise. Believe your build date was Jully 2020 thus from what I understand it cannot be added unless one wanted to spend a boat load of $ (as in new wiring harness etc). I will need to take a pass on this bike even though it is drop dead sweet looking.
I hear you on that👍🏻 I have installed a atlas throttle lock and really like it, but I'll be removing it to use on another bike if this one sells

Attachments

• 20220725_161458.jpg
    20220725_161458.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
Back