2021 R18 First Edition for sale

IMO, some people act too quickly in making decisions of this nature. I have owned many bikes in my time, and looking back there was always something I liked about them. In short, like pizza, I like *most* if not all motorcycles, I just like some more then others for different reasons. Average owning time is probably 6-8years...for each bike. Currently I own two bikes. The R18C and a 2014 Honda Valkyrie. Both bikes are FANTASTIC machines...and once again for different reasons. Both machines too grew on me. I liked them initially in the showroom and on paper, but then after the first 6 mos or so of ownership I would begin to feel some remorse, but then as the miles accumulated that remorse quickly vanished as the bike broke in and I got to know it better.

The R18C is no different in that regard to me. I've come to really appreciate the machine from multiple viewpoints. First of all, like the Valkyrie 1800, it is incredibly UNIQUE. There's NOTHING on the road that comes close in sheer numbers of bikes out there (mostly HD) then that R18. People TAKE NOTICE wherever I go. Like the early days of the band Rush, some people LOVE it passionately, and others hate it.... but most people don't know what to think. I love this about it! The bike is beautiful man, period. The quality of all the components, the sleek engineering...the fit and finish...is all superb. Unlike the Valkyrie, there's no plastic anywhere...it's all steel...built like a Panzer tank, and exudes a feel of quality. You can just tell that the bike will last for a very long time.... Then there's the quality of the drive train, the performance of the engine, again VERY unique. I had the Brentune done, and upgraded the airbox/filter with the DNA stage 2 unit. This made quite a difference in how the engine responds, sounds and performs. Lastly you HAVE TO BREAK IT IN!! No excuses here man. With the upgrades and nearly 6K miles this thing rips....It starts perfectly every time now with authority...It idles nicely, even in rock mode...nice and evenly... Wtih the added miles it produces a nice 'pop' in it's exhaust note indicating good compression...with the sound emanating in cadence from either pipe (left-right-left-right..etc.) Such character! NO it is NOT a sport bike, but it has PLENTY of power to have a ton of fun. The gearing is PERFECT. With it's 6 speed gearbox, along with the engine's torque/power curve, I can cruise comfortably at 40 mph or at 110mph...The bike is firggin' SOLID.... and the cruise control works perfectly. You HAVE to break it in. The difference between 600 mi and 6000mi is in some ways NIGHT and DAY....especially with the upgrades previously mentioned. Even the Michelin tires need a good 3K to scuff up properly. I plan on keeping my R18C for a very long time.

I guess in short, (sorry for the ramblings of a madman)...I would say GIVE THE BIKE SOME TIME!

AR

Last edited:
IMO, some people act too quickly in making decisions of this nature. I have owned many bikes in my time, and looking back there was always something I liked about them. In short, like pizza, I like *most* if not all motorcycles, I just like some more then others for different reasons. Average owning time is probably 6-8years...for each bike. Currently I own two bikes. The R18C and a 2014 Honda Valkyrie. Both bikes are FANTASTIC machines...and once again for different reasons. Both machines too grew on me. I liked them initially in the showroom and on paper, but then after the first 6 mos or so of ownership I would begin to feel some remorse, but then as the miles accumulated that remorse quickly vanished as the bike broke in and I got to know it better.

The R18C is no different in that regard to me. I've come to really appreciate the machine from multiple viewpoints. First of all, like the Valkyrie 1800, it is incredibly UNIQUE. There's NOTHING on the road that comes close in sheer numbers of bikes out there (mostly HD) then that R18. People TAKE NOTICE wherever I go. Like the early days of the band Rush, some people LOVE it passionately, and others hate it.... but most people don't know what to think. I love this about it! The bike is beautiful man, period. The quality of all the components, the sleek engineering...the fit and finish...is all superb. Unlike the Valkyrie, there's no plastic anywhere...it's all steel...built like a Panzer tank, and exudes a feel of quality. You can just tell that the bike will last for a very long time.... Then there's the quality of the drive train, the performance of the engine, again VERY unique. I had the Brentune done, and upgraded the airbox/filter with the DNA stage 2 unit. This made quite a difference in how the engine responds, sounds and performs. Lastly you HAVE TO BREAK IT IN!! No excuses here man. With the upgrades and nearly 6K miles this thing rips....It starts perfectly every time now with authority...It idles nicely, even in rock mode...nice and evenly... Wtih the added miles it produces a nice 'pop' in it's exhaust note indicating good compression...with the sound emanating in cadence from either pipe (left-right-left-right..etc.) Such character! NO it is NOT a sport bike, but it has PLENTY of power to have a ton of fun. The gearing is PERFECT. With it's 6 speed gearbox, along with the engine's torque/power curve, I can cruise comfortably at 40 mph or at 110mph...The bike is firggin' SOLID.... and the cruise control works perfectly. You HAVE to break it in. The difference between 600 mi and 6000mi is in some ways NIGHT and DAY....especially with the upgrades previously mentioned. Even the Michelin tires need a good 3K to scuff up properly. I plan on keeping my R18C for a very long time.

I guess in short, (sorry for the ramblings of a madman)...I would say GIVE THE BIKE SOME TIME!

AR
I do love this thing, it's just that I want that transcontinental more😎

I do love this thing, it's just that I want that transcontinental more😎
Trade it and be done.
The problem trying to sell the bike is the reduced price of a new one plus 0% & plus 3-4 months pmt.
Your dealer should work with you and at least give you what you are asking here.Not sure how your state rolls but most only pay taxes on the difference.If so this would save you taxes on around $10,000($800 on 8% tax).
Take advantage of the promo of 4 payments & 0%.

AR
GREAT RANT!

I just may keep my R18C after reading this.;)

Still for sale. See post #24. I am deleting this post and updating the ad in a new post in this same ad
Trade it and be done.
The problem trying to sell the bike is the reduced price of a new one plus 0% & plus 3-4 months pmt.
Your dealer should work with you and at least give you what you are asking here.Not sure how your state rolls but most only pay taxes on the difference.If so this would save you taxes on around $10,000($800 on 8% tax).
Take advantage of the promo of 4 payments & 0%.

Longshot, I have been looking for a R18FE like yours! If we’re w/in 300 miles from Sun City HiltonHead, SC, we would be exchanging cash for the bike. I just can’t see myself sending this kind of cash w/out seeing or touching the item. Then waiting for transport truck to deliver as promised. It is scary because I have no experience with anything like this or used a transport organization before.

Longshot, I have been looking for a R18FE like yours! If we’re w/in 300 miles from Sun City HiltonHead, SC, we would be exchanging cash for the bike. I just can’t see myself sending this kind of cash w/out seeing or touching the item. Then waiting for transport truck to deliver as promised. It is scary because I have no experience with anything like this or used a transport organization before.
I definitely hear you on the paying for something sight unseen. I can take close up pics and video of anything you need but I am right there with you on paying that much cash and having to wait till it shows up at your door. I'm open to any suggestions or questions if you have any though👍🏻

Trade it in.. that will reduce the overall cost of your TC, plus you save on taxes as you already paid a tax for the R18C.

I'm a little biased towards the Baggers...

😵‍💫
My state will credit me the taxes for the trade in so that's not a issue. I would rather sell it so I can remove it from my property taxes before the end of the year. Trading it in now means I would have to pay property taxes on the new one, but not really all that concerned with that either.

My state will credit me the taxes for the trade in so that's not a issue. I would rather sell it so I can remove it from my property taxes before the end of the year. Trading it in now means I would have to pay property taxes on the new one, but not really all that concerned with that either.
I live in NJ... So; I Basically pay a toll every time I back out of my driveway..

I definitely hear you on the paying for something sight unseen. I can take close up pics and video of anything you need but I am right there with you on paying that much cash and having to wait till it shows up at your door. I'm open to any suggestions or questions if you have any though👍🏻
Just to give you an idea of where I’m coming from, I am not a bagger biker. In fact, my first Harley was a 1955 panhead that I chopped in early 70’s before Harley became a fad! My next was a 2000 Harley Deuce which eventually sold to start on a Ford 1933 blown streetrod. Harley is in my blood and badly wanted a Harley Breakout until I started reading about BMW R18FE. I’ve always had German vehicles so it’s only fitting that I have an R18FE.

For my edification, I will start researching transport organizations and cost. If it’s is still financially feasible, I will look into secure payment. What is your location please. Thanks, Tony

Just to give you an idea of where I’m coming from, I am not a bagger biker. In fact, my first Harley was a 1955 panhead that I chopped in early 70’s before Harley became a fad! My next was a 2000 Harley Deuce which eventually sold to start on a Ford 1933 blown streetrod. Harley is in my blood and badly wanted a Harley Breakout until I started reading about BMW R18FE. I’ve always had German vehicles so it’s only fitting that I have an R18FE.

For my edification, I will start researching transport organizations and cost. If it’s is still financially feasible, I will look into secure payment. What is your location please. Thanks, Tony
St. Louis Missouri. Zip code is 63390. If there's another forum member close that can stop by to look at it and verify my description and give their opinion I'd certainly be alright with that.

Back