2022 R18B Pricing

So I'm negotiating right with my dealer on a new 2022 R18B and they're starting at MSRP - $3K (the factory incentive).

What does everyone feel is a reasonable discount on these? I'm basically paying MSRP if they only reduce by customer cash.

They also offered $15.5k for my 2018 K1600B which I didn't think was horrible, but also not great (it's under extended warrany, Remus exhaust, Russell Day Long seat, Wunderlich Wind Screen. Passenger Backrest, and Luggage Rack, and Alpine Speakers).

Curious on everyone's thoughts under current market conditions?

I would keep looking around. There's other dealers (in my area) doing demo deals and other things that they could potentially combine with the factory incentive that should get it down a little bit more than just the 3k.
Also if you're in the US, consider shopping around in other states and see what deals they have right now and then figure out some shipping numbers form places like UShip. I recommend against getting bikes shipped via the dealer as I know folks that have had some bad experiences that way.

Only you can decide. It’s easy to get obsessed by what everyone else is doing but your situation is specific to you. Life is short, too short. There’s an age poll on here somewhere and that says it all. If you want the B and are happy with the deal get it. If you procrastinate too much you may miss the boat. Those 1600 accessories will have cost a small fortune but that’s always the case you never get all your money back. That’s why I rarely modify a bike. Maybe you could get a 1st service free or something like that as a cherry on top? Good luck 👍

Last edited:
My First Edition Model B had a total of (- $4,120) discount off the MRSP; plus, they included the 1st 600 mile break-in service ($320 value) to sweeten the deal. I also purchased the engine protection bar, case luggage inner bags, TFT protective screen & leg rest (which I removed and sold); the dealer installed the Engine Guard & TFT screen protector free of charge.

Not sure of your state law; however, your trade-in value should help to offset the final sales tax owed at the final purchase price. At the time of purchase, I qualified for the 0.9% financing at 60 months through BMW.

Good luck..

My First Edition Model B had a total of (- $4,120) discount off the MRSP; plus, they included the 1st 600 mile break-in service ($320 value) to sweeten the deal. I also purchased the engine protection bar, case luggage inner bags, TFT protective screen & leg rest (which I removed and sold); the dealer installed the Engine Guard & TFT screen protector free of charge.

Not sure of your state law; however, your trade-in value should help to offset the final sales tax owed at the final purchase price. At the time of purchase, I qualified for the 0.9% financing at 60 months through BMW.

Good luck..
You did not like the leg rest?

I would look hard at some used private sell ones to compare. Seems a lot buy these R18 bikes new then regret it and dump them at lower prices. Plus, uncertain how quickly they are selling used.

This video could be off the mark though thinking it makes some fair points.

I did the ‘cheap’ thing and purchased a 2021 R18FE with cruise and the other options offered on that model. Have a 2019 goldwing for touring…if I ever take a bike out of State again…oh too be young again and not in such blasted hot weather lol.

I honestly feel a lot of buyers ‘buy for the looks’ then later say she is pretty but hard to live with. BMW designed a lot of compromises into this bike: storage, wind protection, weight, issues with the TFT screen, lack of foot accessibility to the levers, high speed smoothness at and above 80…ot so that seems based on some reviews, That K bike is a sweet ride I bet and you might wish you had it when all is said and done.

You know best, just don’t let your heart (falling love with her looks) override your gut when it comes to demo rides. Which might be very very hard to do since to me these bikes are drop dead gorgeous to look out :)

Last edited:
You did not like the leg rest?
I'm only 5' 9", perhaps the leg rest are designed for taller individuals? I'm coming off of a 2008 R1200 GS Adventure, which logged 96k miles; I find the Model B floor board position and size, coupled with my riding position to be extremely comfortable. I thought the toe-heal shifter would suck; however, it took me all of a day's worth of riding to love it...

I was between the HD Street Glide ST, the HD Road Glide ST and the R18 B; maybe price had a lot to do with me leaning towards BMW, maybe it was 96,660 miles on a previous bike without any major issues or perhaps my appetite for quality & a good looking bike that made me pick the Model B.

In short - no, I don't like the leg rest; they take away from the classic look of the bike and didn't find that riding position comfortable..

:)

I paid 20k OTD for my R18B First Edition. It was a demo with about 200 miles. Just put 1200 miles on it in two days. Most comfortable bike I've ever owned.

So I'm negotiating right with my dealer on a new 2022 R18B and they're starting at MSRP - $3K (the factory incentive).

What does everyone feel is a reasonable discount on these? I'm basically paying MSRP if they only reduce by customer cash.

They also offered $15.5k for my 2018 K1600B which I didn't think was horrible, but also not great (it's under extended warrany, Remus exhaust, Russell Day Long seat, Wunderlich Wind Screen. Passenger Backrest, and Luggage Rack, and Alpine Speakers).

Curious on everyone's thoughts under current market conditions?
If you are anywhere near Chicago, the folks at Cycle Weeks of Barrington will get you a good price.

Back