2nd year service cost UK

Alf

Hello all R18 owners based in the U.K. Can any body please give me an idea of the 2nd year annual service cost, have recorded just 2K on the clock.
Many thanks in advance.
Rgds
Alistair R18 FE

Hi Alistair,

I don’t think it will be that much as they will probably only do oil, filter & maybe final drive oil. Not sure if brake fluid is done as it was changed on mine in year 1 :oops:

I’d budget £250 to £300 but ring around your local BMW dealers for a more accurate price. Mines due it’s 2 year service in July.

we get cheap servicing compared to what I’ve heard over the pond o_O

Jon

Hi Alistair,

I don’t think it will be that much as they will probably only do oil, filter & maybe final drive oil. Not sure if brake fluid is done as it was changed on mine in year 1 :oops:

I’d budget £250 to £300 but ring around your local BMW dealers for a more accurate price. Mines due it’s 2 year service in July.

we get cheap servicing compared to what I’ve heard over the pond o_O

Jon
Annual service is just engine oil change. Brake fluid is every 2 years. Final drive is every 12K miles. Valve check every 6K miles. Transmission oil is 24K miles.

Final drive oil is expensive, other fluids not as crazy. Most expenses are labor, so your local hourly rate will be the biggest factor.

With only 2K after 2 years, I’d only expect engine oil and brakes. That was my first year here in northeast US, but that was $460 due to high hourly rates.

Hello guy’s, thank very much for your comments. I have also managed to find the Bmw schedule at the back of the owners manual. The 2nd year service is: engine oil/filter, brake fluid and final drive oil change. Now been quoted £360 from my local Bmw Motorrad dealer. Seems a little steep but it is what it is. :)
Ride safe all

Back