4 payments not covered?

hxd148

Just got my bill from BMW Financial, I was expecting to owe nothing, (4 months payments covered promotion) but turns out I owe the full payment. I called BMW financial and they told me my dealership never submitted the payments. Does that sound right to people here?

The dealership is closed now so I'll give them a call tomorrow. I was curious if anyone else went through this. Seems weird that BMW financial would want the dealer to submit payment for a promotion they were offering. Also didnt match what the dealership told me when they sold the bike.

Thanks I appreciate that, I thought it was weird too when they said it. Since my payment is coming due I was starting to worry, but maybe it just takes longer than I think it should.

I bought my TC last week. I received a bill from BMW yesterday for the first payment. They had subtracted the $333 they pay for the first 4 payments as part of the promotion they’re running.

BMW also had a different promotion running where you could hold off the first payment for 90 days as long as you pay the interest which I did, so my first payment isn’t until October. I’m not sure if that had any affect whether the bill showed the $333 paid by BMW or not?

I reached out to my dealer, hoping to hear back soon regarding the loan paperwork.

My understanding was that I would recieve 4 payments payed from BMW if I used their financing.

Fingers crossed its a situation as described in some posts above, because so far BMW FS is saying I owe the full payment and havent recieved any paperwork otherwise.

I reached out to my dealer, hoping to hear back soon regarding the loan paperwork.

My understanding was that I would recieve 4 payments payed from BMW if I used their financing.

Fingers crossed its a situation as described in some posts above, because so far BMW FS is saying I owe the full payment and havent recieved any paperwork otherwise.
Yeah the fact it wasn’t showing up as included sounds wrong to me. I used BMW financing through my dealer.

Tom

Last edited:
Something is definitely amiss. My experience was similar to the other replies with payments on time and $$ contribution as advertised from BMW FS. What interest rate is showing on your paperwork and on the actual bill from BMW? If the rate is proper than it would seem they received paperwork from the Dealer and this should be no worse than correcting an input error, good luck and please let us know where the SNAFU was. 🍿🍺

Did you log into their website yet? everything should be laid out there ... my contributions from BMW always came in a day or 2 before the payment was due ...

Whats funny is my interest rate is showing the correct 0.9% from BMW FS, and the monthly amount is showing correct as well.

I had to call them directly, beacause when I log in it just gives me a message that a contract is on its way and it may take up to 14 days for it to appear. (although its been over 14 days). Still waiting on a call back from the dealer as well. I guess I'll have to reach out again.

Whats funny is my interest rate is showing the correct 0.9% from BMW FS, and the monthly amount is showing correct as well.

I had to call them directly, beacause when I log in it just gives me a message that a contract is on its way and it may take up to 14 days for it to appear. (although its been over 14 days). Still waiting on a call back from the dealer as well. I guess I'll have to reach out again.
IMO that is a good idea .. no point in guessing .. get the 'word' straight from them .. they would also be the one's to make adjustments ... good thinking!

This is what my first statement looked like. All four of them noted on the statement that a payment would be made, and there was a reduced balance due. This is the actual PDF statement, as the online portal never showed the reduced payment due. IMG_2759.jpeg

This is what my first statement looked like. All four of them noted on the statement that a payment would be made, and there was a reduced balance due. This is the actual PDF statement, as the online portal never showed the reduced payment due. View attachment 11109
They must have changed things from 2021, as from what you describe is different than my experience. My email notification of payment showed much the same as your attachment, but also when going into the BMW FS website my amortized table for each affected month shows their and my contribution listed this way too. Anyway, the dealer and BMW FS should be able to sort this quickly as no one else has had this problem and I'm guessing all of us that bought a new bike took advantage of the "free" financing and supplemental payments.

🍻

I actually just heard back from the dealer, they checked and said the correct paperwork was submitted. When BMW FS processes the contracts, I guess there was an authorization form that was missed on their end. I was told there was enough time and to check back on the payment due date.

Thanks everyone for the info. Turns out it was some missed paperwork. Not common but I guess stuff like this happens lol.

Just got my bill from BMW Financial, I was expecting to owe nothing, (4 months payments covered promotion) but turns out I owe the full payment. I called BMW financial and they told me my dealership never submitted the payments. Does that sound right to people here?

The dealership is closed now so I'll give them a call tomorrow. I was curious if anyone else went through this. Seems weird that BMW financial would want the dealer to submit payment for a promotion they were offering. Also didnt match what the dealership told me when they sold the bike.
I just got my bill and they credited this months payment and I expect the same for the next 3

Back