$500 Accessory Credit for Classic Owners!

HerrFarber

There is a $500 BMW Accessory credit available to Classic owners who's bikes did not come with floorboards. I do not know if this is only in the USA and it is only good though April 2021. Talk to you dealer for details. My sales person called me last week about the offer and I took advantage of it today.

You mean the 500 bucks are a compensation for the delay to have the floorboards ?
That's great because the trouble wasn't that big.
How did you use it ?

I guess BMW decided not to ship the floorboards to existing Classic owners and give them $500 instead. I want to install different handlebars on the bike and used the credit for extended brake & clutch lines along with the extended wiring.

It shouldn't be a credit on an additional buy, but a refund ! :mad:
They didn't deliver what you ordered for !
And what reason they say to explain they don't send the floor boards in th US ???

I don't work for BMW Gerard, so I don't know the answer to your question. I am just passing along the information in regard to the $500 credit. Take it or leave it on the table.
If you have a Classic, you have until the und of the month and the money is gone.

I got it, but the floorboards were in the standard equipment on the Classic, so I find the behaviour of BMW rather light and irrespectuous toward the customers.

Floorboards also on the classic exhibited in Avignon (France).
I had them removed from my motorcycle R18 first.

Attachments

• C53381C5-C481-4B4C-816B-0A6FAE512FAC.jpeg
    C53381C5-C481-4B4C-816B-0A6FAE512FAC.jpeg
    533.4 KB · Views: 1
I'm curious, I've been a naked and sports bike rider and the R18 classic will be my first cruiser. Are the floorboards preferred over the standard foot pegs purely for rider comfort, or is it because the floorboards are less likely scrape the asphalt in corners on the R18?

My dealer has a first edition and standard foot pegs, and a standard edition with the floorboards. Both both exactly specd in terms packages and tech. Should I go for the standard edition with floorboards? I understand it's a matter of preference, but I think the all-black standard version looks just as good as the first edition, plus it costs $1500 less.

I'm curious, I've been a naked and sports bike rider and the R18 classic will be my first cruiser. Are the floorboards preferred over the standard foot pegs purely for rider comfort, or is it because the floorboards are less likely scrape the asphalt in corners on the R18?

My dealer has a first edition and standard foot pegs, and a standard edition with the floorboards. Both both exactly specd in terms packages and tech. Should I go for the standard edition with floorboards? I understand it's a matter of preference, but I think the all-black standard version looks just as good as the first edition, plus it costs $1500 less.
I’m 180cm tall. With the floorboards, my legs have no room during the stops and I have to ”open” my legs and is not comfortable. I prefer the standard foot pegs

From my research, having floorboards doesn't negatively effect lean angle. It's not great for either, really, but she's not your naked bike. So it's really just a matter of preference with that. I do like the boards (don't have them though) because they suit the chromey aesthetic look of my first edition. It strikes me as odd that, of the two, they'd have 'em on the standard.

Regarding FE vs Standard: you like the standard, get the standard. You may be among the first here with one and, frankly, we're up to our ears in first editions. You'll save a bit of cash and can always modify the paint. If you opt against the floorboards, maybe you could finagle a grand off to swap back to pegs too. OR, maybe you could feign love of the floorboards and try to get the dealership to swap them to the FE; keeping the price where it is?

From my research, having floorboards doesn't negatively effect lean angle. It's not great for either, really, but she's not your naked bike. So it's really just a matter of preference with that. I do like the boards (don't have them though) because they suit the chromey aesthetic look of my first edition. It strikes me as odd that, of the two, they'd have 'em on the standard.

Regarding FE vs Standard: you like the standard, get the standard. You may be among the first here with one and, frankly, we're up to our ears in first editions. You'll save a bit of cash and can always modify the paint. If you opt against the floorboards, maybe you could finagle a grand off to swap back to pegs too. OR, maybe you could feign love of the floorboards and try to get the dealership to swap them to the FE; keeping the price where it is?
I didn’t even consider swapping the floorboards from the standard to the FE.

Does the standard have the reverse gear, the hill control and the heated grips? Maybe there is the price difference...

I just purchased mine a couple of days ago. The dealer didn't say anything about the $500 being associated with floorboards (or lack thereof.) I wouldn't have wanted them anyway. I didn't want any accessories, but found a nice (overpriced) leather jacket in the showroom. The money doesn't have to be on accessories specifically.

Back