A Perfect Fit

I am envious, Svtweb. How much more of it is there? It needs a nice lift, to make servicing easier. ;) But your man cave is beautiful.

Mine is not as nice, but as a former professional technician and machinist, I lean toward mechanical necessities. My shop is in two parts. Half is very "practical" where the drill press, welding equipment and yard machinery is kept. The half that currently has my touring machine is a bit nicer, but it's primarily about being a rider. The R18 will be parked next to the Indian.

Attachments

• 20200611_174105.jpg
    20200611_174105.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200723_173336b.jpg
    20200723_173336b.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 35
Sweet!!!!! Love your setup @theMucker! I only store my toys in this one or do an occasional detailing. It’s the place for me to relax. The workshop isn’t anywhere near as nice.

A question for you SVTWEB about the bags of your R1200 C Montauk.
Are they the OEM ones that you had painted?
I have the smaller ones on mine, leather covered. Yours look like the full size model, which was leathered too.
They got a lot of scratches thru 16 years , so I'm wondering what to do to get them nice again.
New ones aren't available anymore, and the fitting is a unique design.

Montauk 1.jpg

Last edited:
I am envious, Svtweb. How much more of it is there? It needs a nice lift, to make servicing easier. ;) But your man cave is beautiful.

Mine is not as nice, but as a former professional technician and machinist, I lean toward mechanical necessities. My shop is in two parts. Half is very "practical" where the drill press, welding equipment and yard machinery is kept. The half that currently has my touring machine is a bit nicer, but it's primarily about being a rider. The R18 will be parked next to the Indian.
Who makes red those cabinets?

Last edited:
A question for you SVTWEB about the bags of your R1200 C Montauk.
Are they the OEM ones that you had painted?
I have the smaller ones on mine, leather covered. Yours look like the full size model, which was leathered too.
They got a lot of scratches thru 16 years , so I'm wondering what to do to get them nice again.
New ones aren't available anymore, and the fitting is a unique design.

View attachment 622
They are the larger touring bags. They are made of plastic. I scuffed them down and painted them to match.
I have a set of the smaller leather ones. They are in Pristine condition. For the right price they could find a new home.

Who makes red those cabinets?
They are New Age Products. https://newageproducts.com/ They are GREAT quality and you can get all sorts of sizes and shapes to configure the shop as you like.
I ordered them from Lowe's. Home Depot sells them as well. But I get a 10% military discount from Lowes. Home Depot prefers their veterans to be disabled in order to offer a discount.

Reactions: R2K
They are the larger touring bags. They are made of plastic. I scuffed them down and painted them to match.
I have a set of the smaller leather ones. They are in Pristine condition. For the right price they could find a new home.
Yes interested in , if they use the EOM support.
Let me know by private message.

sacoche R 1200 C 1.jpgsacoche R 1200 C 2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a lot of work to do, to get a sooooo clean and well organised garage ! 🤪
Would be ashamed to post pics of it😔

Wowza R2K! that's some setup you have there
Thank you Sir, it was a retirement dream that I have been working on for a couple years that I managed to make come true. I will be in partial retirement starting this June. It’s not as clean and organized as Svtweb and Mucker’s but I and trying to get there.

Back