Advice wanted: buy 22 TC demo or new 23?

Hi, I’ve read just about every forum post and would like to purchase a TC.

Option 1: 2022 TC for $17k with 800 miles but one year left on the warranty. My guess is that the bike went into service as a demo in 2021.
My concern is that since this is one of the early bikes, I may need those extra years of warranty.

Option 2: 2023 TC for $24k with the full 3 year warranty

What are your thoughts on the general reliability of the R18 so far?

I’m obviously afraid of the ridiculous parts prices.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Moe

I just recently bought a 2022 TC Corporate demo with 1700 miles on it. All the options premium package. In service date October 22 so it has 2 more years of warranty. It was $16450. Plus delivery to TX and TX taxes of course.
But still a significant saving over list price of a new one.
Serviced by BMW its had the first service and the 6000 mile service done already. I will be doing my own service work as needed.
Dealers buy these demo bikes from corporate and sell them to us. Not all dealers participate in the program.
I got mine from San Diego BMW who had 3 to choose from. I chose the one with the most warranty, there was one other with only 800 miles but one year less warranty.

Last edited:

Option 1: 2022 TC for $17k with 800 miles but one year left on the warranty. My guess is that the bike went into service as a demo in 2021.
My concern is that since this is one of the early bikes, I may need those extra years of warranty.

Moe
I bought a 2022 ist edition demo with 410miles fully loaded now at 3500miles not had one problem the saving from buying a new one would cover any issues 😎

Thanks for the great feedback. I’m going to get the demo. I figure with the savings I can afford to buy an extended warranty.
Couldn't tell from your comment, but get the BMW extended warranty not an aftermarket option. They just started offering these last year and will be the best option IMO.

When I bought my 22 R18B in July of 2023 it was a demo with 400 miles on it. the 3 year 36000 mile warranty started from the date of sale. Are they selling yours as a used bike?

I bought a 2022B demo. BMW extends the 3/36 warranty an additional 6 months. Plus currently on 22 models bmw will make 4 payments for you not exceeding 333.00 month. Interest rate .09% if you qualify. The 22 and 23 are identical. The only difference might be adaptive cruise control missing on a 22. Depending on your vin number you can add ADCC. I checked yesterday with Seattle bmw. $940.00 in parts and about $350-400.00 labor. In sum, demo credit of about $1300.00, .09% interest, 4 payments by bmw and 6 month extended warranty.

Getting a 2022 is a no brainer!!!

Checking back in, I picked her up from San Diego BMW and rode back to the SFBay area along Hwy 1. Although the bike was advertised as a “corporate demo” it clearly was used and had some dings. I did get the bike for a cheap price $18k with 800 miles. I’ll have to spend a few dollars to make it perfect. I love the bike!IMG_5610.jpeg

Moe
Option 3: 2024 coming soon 👍🏽

Back