Aftermarket Brake Light?

adamchandler

Has anyone installed a Denali B6 or Clearwater Billy Brake Light on their R18? I don't want to add a light strip or another light but instead install one of those license plate frames but it's not clear how I wire it in given the fender is stainless steel so I'll need to lift the bike up and remove the rear wheel to see how to install it. Photos of the inside of the fender with a wheel removed would be helpful.

Very interested in your progress with this one. Please keep us posted.

I assume that the bagger wiring is similar to the FE in that they use harder to find square pin plugs. I would also assume if Clearwater makes one for the R18 it would be plug and play with their can-opener. Boy that would be nice.

GL

I installed the Billy light to my FE using the canopener. Just need to run two wires to the back easily done between the fender and metal brackets under it. Used a 4 ft wire tie from the right center of the bike to run under the fender but above the brackets to the rear of the fender then taped the Billie light wires and pulled them through and connected to the canopener.

Finally get into doing this. The Bagger / TC install is going to be a bit more work. I need to remove the seat which is harder on the TC with the top case installed and remove one of the side boxes.

To remove the seat on the TC, you can press against the backrest cushion just enough to get a Phillips screwdriver down there. Alternatively there are 4 screws inside the front of the top box that hold a plastic plate. It will take less that two minutes to remove those four screws that allow easy access to the seat bolt.

I installed the Billy light to my FE using the canopener. Just need to run two wires to the back easily done between the fender and metal brackets under it. Used a 4 ft wire tie from the right center of the bike to run under the fender but above the brackets to the rear of the fender then taped the Billie light wires and pulled them through and connected to the canopener.
Can you send some pictures of the install. Also if you can send the link for the light and the canopener. Appreciate it.

Back