Almost a new Owner of R18 C !!

thanks! I'm getting excited... I will decide to go back home to WV on weather for Friday and Saturday weather patterns. North route or southern 64 RT. Why did you go to St Louis to buy? I did just to make a ride out of it.. I woulda gone to AZ to buy if I had decided to buy in the summer HA!
Have dealt with them before, always up front never jerked me around. Han is a straight up guy.
I have bought 4 new motorcycles from Engle Motors in KC, another great dealer. 72 Triumph 250 trail bike, 1973 750 Bonneville, 2005 BMW R1200RT, 2018 BMW K1600B, used to ride with the Owner in the early 70s, he was the owners son then.
If you take the Southern route do not for get to wave, 2 miles North of ny house,
devils tower.jpg

but if you wait two weeks I will be 5,000 miles further south in Barra do Jucu, Espirito Santo, Brasil.
Quando eu vai embora para praia.
Bars on the Beach.jpg

Last edited:
Have dealt with them before, always up front never jerked me around. Han is a straight up guy.
I have bought 4 new motorcycles from Engle Motors in KC, another great dealer. 72 Triumph 250 trail bike, 1973 750 Bonneville, 2005 BMW R1200RT, 2018 BMW K1600B, used to ride with the Owner in the early 70s, he was the owners son then.
If you take the Southern route do not for get to wave, 2 miles North of ny house,
View attachment 3199

but if you wait two weeks I will be 5,000 miles further south in Barra do Jucu, Espirito Santo, Brasil.
Quando eu vai embora para praia.
View attachment 3200
Well I wish I was taking the 5000 mile south route. Lol. Be sure to wave and honk!

Black dog what make is the windscreen you have on your R 18 and where was it purchased thank you rusty iron
Here are some options for you to consider

7C629EE5-6D27-4139-95F7-6A9BBC6A4DC6.png

Last edited:
I have not suffered any white finger on my Classic but without doubt it has smoothed out as I have done more miles. At first the motor felt very tight. How many miles has the bike done so Cheshire Cat ?

I have not suffered any white finger on my Classic but without doubt it has smoothed out as I have done more miles. At first the motor felt very tight. How many miles has the bike done so Cheshire Cat ?
Hi Tony
Only a couple of hundred miles but I have to say, recently used the Demo again with 1000 miles on clock. Felt much nicer so looking forward to similar.

Hi Tony
Only a couple of hundred miles but I have to say, recently used the Demo again with 1000 miles on clock. Felt much nicer so looking forward to similar.
I had mine in for a service yesterday. The Transcontinental looks nice with a proper front mudguard and the bigger tank. Against it I prefer the less fussy looks of the Classic. The more I ride it the more I like it.

Hello All, I m Rhonda!
I have been involved with motorcycles since I wanted a pony at age 8 and got a mini bike instead! I have used them for pleasure and made a business out of them too! Some of you might remeber me, I used to have a premier body Shop in Richmond, VA and specialized in BMW restorations, customizing and repairing of all types of new and very old motorcycles! Since I have moved onto ownership of a Paint and supply store for Automotive Industry. I still paint for fun, I have silly collection of bikes, and now I pulled the trigger on the new R18 C without riding it! My first ride will be this Friday as I fly into St, Louis, Gateway BMW and RIDE IT home to West Virginia! 9 hours. Has anyone ridden one straight 600 miles? I am curious if it's ready, or me ready! I am excited to have this motorcycle and it will not remain Stock! however, it stands tall the way it is, but I cannot leave anything alone!
Thanks for the INVITE!
Rhonda
Welcome aboard ! Congrats. I would plan on the low fuel light coming on at 140 Miles. I pushed mine to 178 miles (38miles with the light on) yesterday. I put 4.25 Gal of 92 Octane Ethanol Free. I must have been close.

Pre-Ride Check: You’ll want to take a 13mm socket and extension to adjust your preload. The adjuster is under the right side tool cover. Turn all the way counterclockwise, then turn clockwise 8 to 12 full turns once you feel resistance.

Everything else adjusts easily with Torx. Good luck And enjoy the ride..

Welcome aboard ! Congrats. I would plan on the low fuel light coming on at 140 Miles. I pushed mine to 178 miles (38miles with the light on) yesterday. I put 4.25 Gal of 92 Octane Ethanol Free. I must have been close.

Pre-Ride Check: You’ll want to take a 13mm socket and extension to adjust your preload. The adjuster is under the right side tool cover. Turn all the way counterclockwise, then turn clockwise 8 to 12 full turns once you feel resistance.

Everything else adjusts easily with Torx. Good luck And enjoy the ride..
12 turns on my pre load made a world of difference. No harsh ride since.

Back