Am I going crazy?

I removed the rear seat on my FE to clean under it - Yes, I'm a little OCD.

When I put it back, there seems to be a gap between the rear of the seat and the chrome bracket that holds the seat and bracket in place (See Pics) - I don't recall it being like this.

I've pulled it off again to see if there's any flexibility to realign it, and there doesn't seem to be anything.

The screw that holds the chrome bracket in place, also secures the "tongue" that secures the rear of the seat in place - that "tongue" has a hole, not a slot - so no movement is possible.

Am I missing something? Or is this how it's meant to be and I just didn't look closely when I removed it.

Just to be specific on the pics, the dark section between the chrome bracket and seat, is not a shadow - that's the gap I'm talking about

Any clues?

If anyone has a pic of their bike showing the same gap, that'd put my mind to rest, that it's as it should be.

TIA

.P1.jpgP2.jpg

That’s just like mine so I wouldn’t worry any more about it. If you don’t look at it you can’t focus on it 👍

The riders seat anchor point sits on top of a plate that has three screw holes. There is nothing else there and I can see you don't have the pillion seat fitted so all looks well (y)

The riders seat anchor point sits on top of a plate that has three screw holes. There is nothing else there and I can see you don't have the pillion seat fitted so all looks well (y)
My apologies - I didn't explain that very well = the seat you can see in the pic is the pillion seat, not the riders seat.

Back