And the freezing weather continues....

Cleveland,the mistake on the lake.Chicago,the 2nd mistake on the lake.
Arizona Rocks!I've been here since 1999.
Trying to deciede on which bike to ride today. 90s here.
Sorry,Cleveland & Chicago.

Cleveland,the mistake on the lake.Chicago,the 2nd mistake on the lake.
Arizona Rocks!I've been here since 1999.
Trying to deciede on which bike to ride today. 90s here.
Sorry,Cleveland & Chicago.
90s in March? I can’t imagine how miserable it must be in the summer. I almost think there must be a 2 location migration. Cooler climates in summer and Arizona in winter. There are some amazing sights there, but I start to melt once it hits the 80s.

90s in March? I can’t imagine how miserable it must be in the summer. I almost think there must be a 2 location migration. Cooler climates in summer and Arizona in winter. There are some amazing sights there, but I start to melt once it hits the 80s.
Yeah,Then I head for the hills or visit the mistake on the lake.:giggle:

BTW,
We can still go skiing at Snow Bowl in Flagstaff till April 9th;)

At some point it just isn't any fun to ride in the Texas heat. In the past, I usually parked the bike between mid-July and mid-September with an occasional outing. Low 90s are okay. Buy when it's 98+ I'm pretty much done. It's more than just the temp as roads (especially asphalt/blacktop) and traffic add even more to the misery. Yesterday was the first day in years I didn't wear an armored jacket of some sort while riding. Just jeans. gloves, my helmet and my designated riding shoes. Pretty nice but yesterday only topped out at 86.
This year I'm considering a nice dual axle trailer to haul the Classic to some more rider friendly climates now that I'm retired.

Right. My summer rides in N Texas start around 3am and end around 10ish, when it starts getting sweaty. I’ve happily discovered that’” 10 AM is not too early to start drinking given the early start. All about being flexible!

Back