Any luck with After Market Floorboards?

Oh wow that really sucks that we still need to purchase all of those just to convert them to floorboards.
I was really hoping that they would allow for us to do a nice and easy direct swap, but I guess that's not going to be the case.
I really hope that Wunderlich realizes that's a market for these and makes a version of their floorboards that are compatible since they already have made their version of the lowered pegs/minifloors.

Appears so, this is from the install manual to do the complete conversion.

View attachment 7360

I got the full size floor boards, (part# 18880000-02), from Wunderlich and they were beautiful. Real quality, BUT. I asked when ordering if they would fit my R18 FE, (K34), and the guy said yes. No kickstand replacement necessary. This was MISINFORMATION! There was no way to fit them to replace pegs. They will replace BMW floorboards if your bike has them already. They will not mount to peg hardware. No way, no how. Their "Lowered Pegs", (part #18800000-02), will fit, but, they are small. All Wunderlich needs to do is use the mount on the Lowered Pegs and make a full foot board and they would have an easy useful marketable product. Wunderlich has the ability to "quick correct" and market a product for what may be the biggest potential R18 niche of all, given how expensive and complicated it is to find a BMW OEM solution. The "complete floorboard kit through BMW is part #77258386743, (#77258386742 is essentially the same parts group, go figure). Both of these BMW parts groups were $1299 up until about a month ago. Now I am seeing them listed ON BMW dealer's sites for $699. Kudos to BMW for seeing their prior pricing insanity. Then, if you have a K34 you almost certainly need to replace the kickstand, (another $200-$300!) Yes, I've been on the hunt for a solution for awhile.
I just ordered these parts and the kickstand is $380. Insanity!

Back