Any parts From R18 Bagger can set for R18 and R18c

Hannigan finished there 1st R18C side car Friday. Ruth said it is a perfect fit.

also,I to would like a larger gas tank \.

Regards, Tom
Bigger Fuel Tank? From BMW?
Here is a picture of my Harley with a total fuel capacity of 16 U.S. gallons in the midst of a 5,000 mile in 5 day ride.
You must look beyond the confines of the BMW mother ship, Grasshopper.Harley Aux Tank.jpg

Last edited:
Rather disappointing after all the hoopla BMW made about custom parts.
I bought the bike with the intent of fabricating my one custom parts, but, the biggest majority of the new owners, to their detriment, believed BMWs propaganda campaign. Shame on BMW
Hey BD... This guy is stealing your schtick....all the way down to the aircraft hanger!

It was a video, not a picture, and I actually think that the video is ridiculous. Clearly my sarcasm needs some fine-tuning. But there was a hangar and planes involved....so naturally my mind went to you.... I dig your mods and hands-on approach, so no offense intended. I don't have a rendition of anything. I have a hangar also, but it only has an SR22, not an SF50 sadly, and no acts of motorcycle modification have been committed in my hangar.

I'm one of the few poor sods who likes my classic as-is with the exception of the roland sands cylinder head end cover thingies that I bolted on in all of about 3 minutes...

Hannigan finished there 1st R18C side car Friday. Ruth said it is a perfect fit.

also,I to would like a larger gas tank \.

Regards, Tom
There is a kind of wierd message here.:unsure:
The Germans lost the war because they ran out of gasoline hence,

they gave us a small gas tank on the R18....:oops:

Regards,Tom

One thing I'm wondering about is the integral ABS option on the transcontinental:
Is it what I have on my R1200 C Montauk ?
I mean front and rear coupled brakes with ABS, AND power brake?
Which is just fantastic.
As I pre- ordered my R 18 in september 2019 with almost no specs, I supposed power brakes would be an option.
And was desapointed when I realised they didn't offer it

And when they do they won't be "available" so what's the point?
We're talking about stock parts here, correct? Not accessories? The parts will absolutely be available because they'll soon be selling motorcycles made up of all those bits and pieces. Guy smashes the front end of his transcontinental on a turkey, the outcome isn't "sorry, no parts." Hell, my 2006 Ducati is 1 of 2000 made. A few years ago I had to replace the front fairing...the dozen year old, limited edition paint color, front fairing on a pretty dang rare motorcycle. It arrived in 2 weeks straight from what I imagine to be a warehouse like the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Point is, there'll be parts because they're making bikes. Well, what if BMW makes it difficult for non-transcontinental owners to buy those parts? Hmmmmm. Weird, and I'm not sure how they'd do that....but I also wouldn't put it past them to at least somehow make it difficult. Then you go to eBay and find one that is being parted-out, or you find a transcontinental owner who isn't particularly keen on the knee wind deflector things, or you talk about how much you'd like to see a transcontinental-like thing for the R18 and a guy like Holan or a place like DK or WalzWerk picks up on that and starts making it.

We're talking about stock parts here, correct? Not accessories? The parts will absolutely be available because they'll soon be selling motorcycles made up of all those bits and pieces. Guy smashes the front end of his transcontinental on a turkey, the outcome isn't "sorry, no parts." Hell, my 2006 Ducati is 1 of 2000 made. A few years ago I had to replace the front fairing...the dozen year old, limited edition paint color, front fairing on a pretty dang rare motorcycle. It arrived in 2 weeks straight from what I imagine to be a warehouse like the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Point is, there'll be parts because they're making bikes. Well, what if BMW makes it difficult for non-transcontinental owners to buy those parts? Hmmmmm. Weird, and I'm not sure how they'd do that....but I also wouldn't put it past them to at least somehow make it difficult. Then you go to eBay and find one that is being parted-out, or you find a transcontinental owner who isn't particularly keen on the knee wind deflector things, or you talk about how much you'd like to see a transcontinental-like thing for the R18 and a guy like Holan or a place like DK or WalzWerk picks up on that and starts making it.
I believe whether or not we are talking about stock parts or accessories or repair manuals they all use part numbers, which I referred to in my post. And the part numbers I am talking about are not available. Still. Beat your drum as loud as you wish, in the meantime I am still waiting for parts and for the mother ship to fulfill her promises first made in 2019.

I believe whether or not we are talking about stock parts or accessories or repair manuals they all use part numbers, which I referred to in my post. And the part numbers I am talking about are not available. Still. Beat your drum as loud as you wish, in the meantime I am still waiting for parts and for the mother ship to fulfill her promises first made in 2019.
I promise, I'll only put the tip in and respect you the morning. Where's the problem?

Could you explain what you're referring to? because your other post just says you agree with Black Dog.

Stock parts.
Only stock parts can make original look.
I noticed r18b rear suspension longer higher,and front steering bering angle different,but I believe lower fairing will fit to oem engine guard for r18c.
I am waiting for beach handle bar and kit for longer brake line for handle bar,when r18b arrive ottawa,I will make sure rear top rack will fit to my r18c.and waiting for someone set side car high quality made like bmw factory side car so I can know more about cost for the side car.
I also waiting for after market make a larger windscreen can cover more front area.
I going to set handlebar muff from wunderlich. After all the above set up. My bike will be unique in ottawa haaaa.
Not good sale here for bmw r18 series.

Could you explain what you're referring to? because your other post just says you agree with Black Dog.
If you've followed any of the threads at all on this forum , you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. So this explanation is not for you (because I believe you know better), rather it's for those here who are new and haven't been here since day one.

I agree with Black Dog about the overall "bait and switch" that BMW has done...in broad strokes: entice the public with pics of the new R18 including a myriad of accessories, pics of bikes with those accessories, joining in with Harley's marketing plan of "make it your own" and then...you buy your bike and can't get any of those things...Seata? Nope. Pipes? Nope. Wheels? Nope. Heel/toe/floorboard kits? Nope. Bobber kit? Nope. Service manual? Nope? and on and on...then they release groups of accessories in phases except for the fact that each phase never fully occurs. Then they release new models with the same empty promises. They've also hamstrung the suppliers who developed the accessories from selling them independently. At least Harley's "make it your own" marketing is fully stocked and supported. And PLEASE don't tell me that other manufacturers are making accessories...that is totally beside the point which is BMW not providing what they promised!!

A lot of us do our own wrenching and we've had to go to great lengths to find even the simplest of information conveniently left out of the owners manual to try to force one to use the dealership instead of our own shops. We can continue to make our own way with or without the factory but we shouldn't have to. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my R18 but I am thoroughly disgusted with BMW over their piss poor treatment of many who have shelled out many $$ in trust of BMW and in anticipation of OEM full support. It is past time for them to get off of their collective arrogant arses and provide what they promised.

If you've followed any of the threads at all on this forum , you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. So this explanation is not for you (because I believe you know better), rather it's for those here who are new and haven't been here since day one.

I agree with Black Dog about the overall "bait and switch" that BMW has done...in broad strokes: entice the public with pics of the new R18 including a myriad of accessories, pics of bikes with those accessories, joining in with Harley's marketing plan of "make it your own" and then...you buy your bike and can't get any of those things...Seata? Nope. Pipes? Nope. Wheels? Nope. Heel/toe/floorboard kits? Nope. Bobber kit? Nope. Service manual? Nope? and on and on...then they release groups of accessories in phases except for the fact that each phase never fully occurs. Then they release new models with the same empty promises. They've also hamstrung the suppliers who developed the accessories from selling them independently. At least Harley's "make it your own" marketing is fully stocked and supported. And PLEASE don't tell me that other manufacturers are making accessories...that is totally beside the point which is BMW not providing what they promised!!

A lot of us do our own wrenching and we've had to go to great lengths to find even the simplest of information conveniently left out of the owners manual to try to force one to use the dealership instead of our own shops. We can continue to make our own way with or without the factory but we shouldn't have to. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my R18 but I am thoroughly disgusted with BMW over their piss poor treatment of many who have shelled out many $$ in trust of BMW and in anticipation of OEM full support. It is past time for them to get off of their collective arrogant arses and provide what they promised.
Thanks for the reply, GP. We'd all like everything we want exactly when we want it. Maybe BMW overpromised? Maybe Covid messed up their timeline? Maybe there wasn't the demand that they anticipated? Maybe production costs far exceeded estimates? Maybe big multinational multi billion dollar corporations are more interested in making money than keeping promises? I have no idea. It's probably a little of all of those. You definitely have a legitimate gripe. Where's my OEM Bobber seat! Sorry. Maybe we could create a "Tell BMW what you think" sub-category in one of the forums? Because, as cathartic as it may feel, complaining in a thread looking for product number information isn't necessarily efficacious, agreed?

/I sent a message to admin asking for a sub-category for uncluttered communication to whichever intern at BMW is tasked with monitoring this forum,

Last edited:
Back