Anybody done this fender yet?

And here I am trying to sell my r18 so I can buy a transcontinental lol! Since it's looking like I might be married to this thing I am seriously considering getting this fender to match their front one I bought from them🤔

Very nice looking .. two drawbacks I see .... makes the rear tire even more difficult to change ... and it's made from ABS ... asides that really nice, thanks for sharing!

That is a good looking fender.
Yeah, I haven't seen anything that comes even close to it.
I am so taken by the whole experience that I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, waiting for the morning so I can order one for my 2021 FE!
You have bad taste if you find it to be "very nice looking", Seriously. And I don't care about the saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Too bad it's such an original design, never seen or found anywhere else in the world of motorcycle design. Maybe not...

Attachments

• Honda Shadow.jpg
    Honda Shadow.jpg
    835.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Honda Shadow Aero.jpg
    Honda Shadow Aero.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Honda vtx.JPG
    Honda vtx.JPG
    850.8 KB · Views: 38
The black with pinstripe is 850 plus shipping so I'm gonna hold off for a couple months. If anybody gets one be sure and post up with fit and finish review👍🏻

Yeah, I haven't seen anything that comes even close to it.
I am so taken by the whole experience that I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, waiting for the morning so I can order one for my 2021 FE!
You have bad taste if you find it to be "very nice looking", Seriously. And I don't care about the saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Too bad it's such an original design, never seen or found anywhere else in the world of motorcycle design. Maybe not...
What’s original about any motorcycle fender theses days?

It is not the fender by itself but in the context of the particular bike we're talking about.
And we are discussing the R18 here, not just 'any motorcycle'.
You mount that grotesque fender on the R18 and you lose about 30% of the appeal of the bike.
BMW, in both cars and motorcycles, employ awesome designs by great designers.
It is not everybody's pride and joy, but I find an undeniable, refined harmony in the finished product which in turn is very pleasing to my eyes.

It is not the fender by itself but in the context of the particular bike we're talking about.
And we are discussing the R18 here, not just 'any motorcycle'.
You mount that grotesque fender on the R18 and you lose about 30% of the appeal of the bike.
BMW, in both cars and motorcycles, employ awesome designs by great designers.
It is not everybody's pride and joy, but I find an undeniable, refined harmony in the finished product which in turn is very pleasing to my eyes.
Everyone has their own personal taste but there are an awful lot of R18s being modified and it’s for the owner’s satisfaction and no one else’s.
I have bikes I’ve kept completely stock and others I’ve done major work to.
To each their own.

This looks like a nice compliment to their front fender they been selling

https://www.dkdesign-global.com/product-page/dkdesign-bmw-r18-classic-rear-fender
Yes, I have the front fender, and am now installing the rear, waiting for a couple LED to install first. I will post after install. This fender is huge compared to original (R18 Classic)
For me; its exactly what the bike needs to be the cruiser I want. Have done many upgrades including Freedom Fish tail exhaust, which allows the engine to sound like an engine, not a sewing machine. Incidentally, the two fenders are beautiful, well crafted, and pin striped flawless.

Yes, I have the front fender, and am now installing the rear, waiting for a couple LED to install first. I will post after install. This fender is huge compared to original (R18 Classic)
For me; its exactly what the bike needs to be the cruiser I want. Have done many upgrades including Freedom Fish tail exhaust, which allows the engine to sound like an engine, not a sewing machine. Incidentally, the two fenders are beautiful, well crafted, and pin striped flawless.
Awesome! Can't wait for pics!

Ohhhh!!!! .. I was tempted by that exhaust ... but then went with the 4" version from Freedom, please post a pic .. or better a vid so we can hear it!

I have the 3 inch version; after I make all the current upgrades, and put the baby back together, I will post a significant entry with sound bits. Ill tell you now, I purchased this set up about two years ago, the price has gone up, BUT, id pay it knowing what it does for this sweet engine.

I have the 3 inch version; after I make all the current upgrades, and put the baby back together, I will post a significant entry with sound bits. Ill tell you now, I purchased this set up about two years ago, the price has gone up, BUT, id pay it knowing what it does for this sweet engine.
Thanks!!

Back