Anyone going to Barber for MotoAmerica?

The MotoAmerica Superbikes will be at Barber Motorsports Park, just east of Birmingham, Alabama on September 23-25.

Anyone planning to be there, other than myself?

In addition to a beautifully manicured racing park, it's the home one of the most impressive motorcycle museums you'll find anywhere. 1,200 motorcycles on display in an impressive five-story mega facility. https://www.barbermuseum.org/

I'm not going to the event but I will say that the museum is absolutely fantastic and you'll feel like you died and went to Heaven! The number and extremely wide range of motorcycles (some of them one of a kind) and the curating and displays are simply incredible. The information on each bike is detailed and very interesting. I considered myself fairly knowledgeable on motorcycles but found out I was actually just above the kindergarten level.

We got there when it opened and they pushed us out the door when they closed and I still wasn't finished... I definitely plan to go back there again someday and this should be on every biker's bucket list. The museum also has a wonderful collection of Lotus cars and racing cars. Although I had been previouly happy with my small collection of bikes, when I left there that day I felt totally inadequate... :(

I'm not going to the event but I will say that the museum is absolutely fantastic and you'll feel like you died and went to Heaven! The number and extremely wide range of motorcycles (some of them one of a kind) and the curating and displays are simply incredible. The information on each bike is detailed and very interesting. I considered myself fairly knowledgeable on motorcycles but found out I was actually just above the kindergarten level.

We got there when it opened and they pushed us out the door when they closed and I still wasn't finished... I definitely plan to go back there again someday and this should be on every biker's bucket list. The museum also has a wonderful collection of Lotus cars and racing cars. Although I had been previouly happy with my small collection of bikes, when I left there that day I felt totally inadequate... :(
I always tell folks that you could go there on four Saturdays, stay for hours on each occasion, and you'll still miss a day's worth. I am fortunate to live 116 miles away, not that I'm counting. 😉

Back