Anyone installed quadlock on their bagger?

round

G’day! When I sold my last bike (vt750s) I had a quad lock which was just fantastic.

Now I’ve been riding my r18b for 6 weeks and I can wholly confirm I do not prefer the bmw navigation at all and would like to use Apple Maps for that function again. Problem is that there’s no room to fit the quad lock motorcycle handlebar mount.
Have any of you bagheads installed a quad lock mount for your phone, what mount did you use, and can you share a picture? :)

Thanks!

Maybe you could fabricate a mount which attaches to the fork triple clamp, and allows the device screen to coexist between the bottom of the TFT screen and the area above the fuel cap area.

That area might interfere with opening the fuel fill compartment? I'll look at my B model and consider how I would do it, and still maintain the look of the bike.

Screenshot_20231122-063720.png

Her Two Wheels on YouTube has a handlebar mount for a phone on an R18B.

I’m trying to figure out which one it is, but it’s def possible to mount something.

Handlebar mount using 6" charging cable plugged into 12v USB with battery voltage indicator right above it.

Attachments

• 20231005_164341.jpg
    20231005_164341.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
I'd never heard of helibars before - they look awesome. I might sling them an email to make sure but I assume the TC bars fit the B
Confirmed TC fits on the B.

If you do long highway riding these bars are a must.

You'll have to relearn low speed maneuvering. Its not bad though just different.

I had an Adaptiv Technology mount from my K1600B that I was able to repurpose on my R18B. It fit nicely on the handlebars. Guess it depends on the type of mount you have.

1703081127042.jpeg

G’day! When I sold my last bike (vt750s) I had a quad lock which was just fantastic.

Now I’ve been riding my r18b for 6 weeks and I can wholly confirm I do not prefer the bmw navigation at all and would like to use Apple Maps for that function again. Problem is that there’s no room to fit the quad lock motorcycle handlebar mount.
Have any of you bagheads installed a quad lock mount for your phone, what mount did you use, and can you share a picture? :)

Thanks!
I used the standard bar mount. Works great.

Love it, that is perfect mate I’ve already got everything but the knuckle from a previous bike. Having it tucked away there should be easy to hide the usb cable for the wireless charger. Thanks for sharing!
I used the Quadlock handlebar Pro mount, with the Quadlock Knuckle and Quadlock vibration damper.

You know, I never actually gave this thread closure. Let me give the rundown on what I've done with all the advice from this thread.
All prices in AUD

(~$290) Quadlock Accessories: https://www.quadlockcase.net/cart?s...:QLV-360-KA,iphone-case-all-devices:QMC-IP14M
(~$25) Merit Plug to USB A/C: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/305132155029

(~$0) USB A to USB C: I bet you have like a million of these in your house already

The outcome is fantastic, apple maps are just superior the BMW maps but I can still use the screen for comfortable audio control etc, my phone remains fully charged after long intercity trips, and I can always chuck something like airpods or my cardo into the dedicated tank charge port. And I like having the phone reachable for when I inevitably become lost in my travels.

Ride safe, thanks for the advice

Attachments

• IMG_4219.jpeg
    IMG_4219.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Back