Anyone know if this will clear the factory service codes?

It has an OBD2 connector directly doesnt need the adaptor....oh i see you meant with this device..not sure...i use the obd lx and worked as it should...cleared the service light no problem as longest you pay for the pro version...$27.99

Last edited:

Attachments

• 5D93F2E1-0A6D-4B3A-B9D0-5DBEB84C386A.jpeg
    5D93F2E1-0A6D-4B3A-B9D0-5DBEB84C386A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
  • 47A5B136-7A85-4C6D-B07F-42AFFE86BB8F.jpeg
    47A5B136-7A85-4C6D-B07F-42AFFE86BB8F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 903F210C-1AE6-435E-B8D5-A42F0212DA61.jpeg
    903F210C-1AE6-435E-B8D5-A42F0212DA61.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
This one works and its cheaper
OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9S71LW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VGNG793E4FK6NR2E8KYX

Also Download the App Motoscan and pay the upgrade pro version $27.85 one time.

The only thing it only works with android and windows... i had one chromebook here otherwise i wouldnt know what to do since i have all apple devices...
What is the difference between the LX & MX?
OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9S71LW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VGNG793E4FK6NR2E8KYX

The only thing it only works with android and windows... i had one chromebook here otherwise i wouldnt know what to do since i have all apple devices...

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the app but when I try to buy the professional version it will not let me do it. I normally also only use apple so I might have a problem with google pay. The app tells me to first check all the applications before upgrading. I live in FL but I'm in Ny at the moment and unable to connect to the bike. anybody else had problems with purchasing the upgrade?

I downloaded the app but when I try to buy the professional version it will not let me do it. I normally also only use apple so I might have a problem with google pay. The app tells me to first check all the applications before upgrading. I live in FL but I'm in Ny at the moment and unable to connect to the bike. anybody else had problems with purchasing the upgrade?
Update a payment method see if works

I ordered the OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows.It has a 90 no questions refund policy and a 3 year warranty.Yhe company is based in **Phoenix,Cool.I downloaded the motoscan app($27.85) for BMW motorcycles w/ all models including the R18 model.
Little over $100 w/taxes/
You saved me $200 over the GS-911.
Thank you RhilR18
**(word of warning:there are some less expensive OBD2 knock-offs out there that may or may not work and ECU's are pricey to replace)

TK

I believe the Motoscan app and the OBD2 LX/MX are two diferent things, but work togheter ... so the Motoscan app will charge you no matter what you have connected. I could be wrong since i havent tried the MX

I believe the Motoscan app and the OBD2 LX/MX are two diferent things, but work togheter ... so the Motoscan app will charge you no matter what you have connected. I could be wrong since i havent tried the MX
You are correct.Actually after you gave me the info I found some other apps & OBD2 boxes.
As far as I can tell you have found the best of both for function and price.

This video is a price comparison between the GS-911 & the Green OBDII XL.It is 1:06:11 long viewing time.The last 6:11(6 minutes and 11 seconds)will explain the problems that a cheap knock off can cause.It is because of the extended time needed to download and ability of the chip to decode all the information.The knock off will work but if it needs more memory during the download,you may loose info or totally loose ecu connect ability.
Hope this helps for those that do their own service and want to clear service codes.

yeah,I got the LX

I finally got so fed up with trying to purchase the professional update with my old Google account, and constantly being redirected to a security page that I created a completely new account with the same payment information. Everthing went fine from there on and I completely deleted my old account.

I finally got so fed up with trying to purchase the professional update with my old Google account, and constantly being redirected to a security page that I created a completely new account with the same payment information. Everthing went fine from there on and I completely deleted my old account.
Crazy thing,I did not know I had a google pay account.But they had my credit card on file when I got the app and payment was a non issue.Go figure...

Thanks guys. I'll be trying the MotoScan device soon.
Get the $27 app to go with the OBDII LX.
Every time I sign in they try to upgrade the app.NOT needed.Just press on.The combo of these is $100 the 911 usb is $300 & $400 per unit.I think the $400 will work with MAC but I had a android phone in the drawer that I don't use so,I saved some money to clear the BS codes.

Don't know.I have not used mine yet.I just kept it simple and followed directions posted here as what to buy.
I just want to be able to clear codes without taking the bike to the dealer.

Back