Are having Floorboards worth an additional $1K on a new classic?

Hey guys (new member here),

I am on the final decision bw two classics: one with footpegs and the other one with floorboards for an additional $1000. Considering I ride a GS, I was wondering if floorboards really make a difference, as I have no experience whatsoever. Also, it makes me wonder if it would have a lower clearance causing it to drag easier.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to being part of the R18 family.

Hey guys (new member here),

I am on the final decision bw two classics: one with footpegs and the other one with floorboards for an additional $1000. Considering I ride a GS, I was wondering if floorboards really make a difference, as I have no experience whatsoever. Also, it makes me wonder if it would have a lower clearance causing it to drag easier.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to being part of the R18 family.
Clearance is the same, so that's not a concern. Can you take the one with floorboards out for a ride? Maybe get a feel for em? Regardless, I'm 100% certain that, should you decide that the floorboards aren't for you, you could get almost (if not all) of your money back and swap for pegs too. Given the paucity of accessories, I'd just go for it and sort the details out later.

I switched out my pegs for floorboards, I concur with TodkaVonic clearance is the same. I found the boards added comfort to my ride by allowing me to have more flexibility and positioning of my feet and legs easing the stress on both As opposed to being in one fixed position. 553D441C-25BA-488C-957E-0DCE261CD342.jpeg

I had gotten used to floorboards on my Indian Chief and Road King Special and thought I would miss them on my First Edition R18, having only the pegs. Since riding the R18, I haven’t missed the boards one bit. I attribute that to the mid-control riding position as opposed to the forward controls.

Back