Are you a one bike man?

Picked up this awesome looking ride yesterday.
2004 BMW R1150GSA
I used to have a 2002 1150GSA, same colour, same set up.
I love it!
My black and yellow one power my off road side car. Great and simple bikes. Don’t forget to get a set of 1200 injectors from Injector Rehab. You can thank me later. 😎

Not anymore! Currently two, but would like 3. The 18 and the Valkyrie are similar machines, but I'd like a 3rd smaller, lighter more sport like bike. The BMW RNINET seems cool...but..don't wanna cough up that much cash at this time. I kinda miss my Yamaha Warrior...nice bike...

I never had more than three bikes at the same time. About a month ago, after being down to only two bikes, I sold my Yamaha FJR1300 being convinced at the time that the R18FE would be totally okay as the only bike.
A few weeks ago I started getting the feeling that I had made a mistake in doing so. I realized that I can't really go to the R18 for all of my riding needs. I am looking to buy an adventure bike again. Probably a Super Tenere because I used to have one and I liked it a lot. Put about 50,000 miles on it in less than four years.
What is your take on the subject? Do you guys feel the same way I do, or do you embrace the r18 as the only bike?
I'm more in the multi-bike camp. I have 5 currently. But, I always say if I could only have one bike, it'd be a BMW GS. If I had to pare it down to only 2 bikes, it'd be my GS & my R18 Classic. I like my other bikes and have no intention of getting rid of them, but my R18 puts a smile on my face like no other bike, but it isn't as broadly capable as my GS. My GS on the other hand is a do it all bike, and would be the clear choice if I had to have only 1 bike. It's a great touring bike, it's very competent when ridden with a sporty bent and it doesn't mind getting dirty. The R18 Classic has a ton of character and can do some lighter touring and handles far better than an 800 pound bike should, but it's not as good as the GS overall.

No one is considering the RnineT as a street bike?
Yes, but I ended up with a Triumph Speed Twin instead. That thing embodies the joy of motorcycling.

As far as the OP, the R18 could be an only bike for someone depending on their purpose. For me it's not. I will always have a GS, it's the best bike for all the things I do except for carrying a passenger. I also have that Speed Twin and right now have a Sportster I ride sometimes and my sweetie rides sometimes, that'll be a project bike (springer!) when she gets tired of riding it.

Back