Bagger maybe

Ajs18s

Hi all, to be blunt kind of window shopping, and found forums a great place to start.
Currently riding a gen 2 Hayabusa and loving it, though my 53 year old knees not so much. Have owned a couple of boxers before and love them hence I’m looking at a R18. I’m also looking at an Indian Springfield dark horse.
So yes when time allows I will test ride both. So like I said window shopping and trying to get a feel for the R18.
I have seen a particular model called the Bagger Aviation!!!! Love the look.
So if I ask a few silly questions you will all understand.

Welcome aboard and there are not such things as silly questions if you genuinely don’t know the answers.
The aviation paint scheme is very individualistic and I must admit, I do like it as well.

All the R18s are awesome machines to be fair. The difference between models are dictated by your riding preferences and needs and of course, your own personal taste. Some like them naked and some like them fully dressed. Riding position is comfortable and depending on the model the suspension is different. In this respect the Bagger and Transcontinental have the automatic suspension with a little more travel than the R18 Classic.
My advice to you is to try a few models and see which one suits you best.
Good luck.

Hi all, to be blunt kind of window shopping, and found forums a great place to start.
Currently riding a gen 2 Hayabusa and loving it, though my 53 year old knees not so much. Have owned a couple of boxers before and love them hence I’m looking at a R18. I’m also looking at an Indian Springfield dark horse.
So yes when time allows I will test ride both. So like I said window shopping and trying to get a feel for the R18.
I have seen a particular model called the Bagger Aviation!!!! Love the look.
So if I ask a few silly questions you will all understand.
Welcome! I've had 2 gen two hayabusas. Planning on a gen 3 as soon as the prices start coming down a little more. I'm already seeing dealers coming down a bit off of msrp so that's a good thing for me.
The r18 is a whole different word from a busa as you already know so unless you are tired of the busa I would plan on keeping it for when your in the mood for a while different type of riding lol! The more bikes the merrier I always say😁

Only thing I will say is I highly suggest buying an R18 used. They seem to drop value quickly and you could save yourself many thousands of dollars purchasing a low mileage bike that could still possibly be under warranty. 3 year 36,000 miles. Indians in my neck of the woods seem to hold value pretty well for the newer ones. I have yet to ride an Indian but they are beautiful machines. Maybe 2024 will be the year I get a test ride on an Indian. 🤔 That never ends well. I already have two more bikes than I can ride at the same time as is. 😂

Only thing I will say is I highly suggest buying an R18 used. They seem to drop value quickly and you could save yourself many thousands of dollars purchasing a low mileage bike that could still possibly be under warranty. 3 year 36,000 miles. Indians in my neck of the woods seem to hold value pretty well for the newer ones. I have yet to ride an Indian but they are beautiful machines. Maybe 2024 will be the year I get a test ride on an Indian. 🤔 That never ends well. I already have two more bikes than I can ride at the same time as is. 😂
I just traded my 2015 Indian Chief Vintage for a 2022 BMW R18B. My Indian was trouble free. I wanted a fairing mounted bike with all the bells & whistles but Indian bagger could not come close to the BMW with price & extras. I think Buying it used with 2400 miles was a good choice . Wish I could have kept the Indian as a second bike. Give the Indian a test ride see what you think. Good luck!!!

R18 B... Yes & Yes...

There's a pretty good YT video that compared the HD Street Glide, R18 B and an Indian; I think they gave the R18 B high marks, even though they settled on HD as their top choice. After putting over 6k miles on my Model B, I'm convinced that even the "experts" are influenced by their own bias and or what's mainstream...

Back