Beeline Moto... classic looking and discreet nav screen

emgarciax

Site Supporter
This is basically a remote screen for the Beeline nav app.
More at https://beeline.co/pages/beeline-moto
FYI I come from using Nav VI and then ConnectedRide (cradle and app) on an R 1200 GS so I know the cons of this device.
The accompanying app (which you can download now and try) is pretty decent and also provides clever way to create a route without the need of a web platform. Beeline does have a route planner website at https://maps.beeline.co/
Battery charge lasts about 30 hours, it charges with a USB powered base (small) and clicks on base with a 1/4 twist.
Overall I find this a very clean and clever solution to navigation and not having to wire / clutter the handlebar with a smartphone or GPS device.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 5.00.19 PM.jpg

IMG_3739.jpeg
IMG_3738.jpeg

IMG_3742.jpeg
IMG_3743.jpeg
IMG_3744.jpeg
IMG_3748.jpeg

Got the same question as Frenchie : why not in the middle of the handlebar ? I think there is enough (just enough) space between the 2 cables to receive the beeline support.
Thinking replacing my smartphone based app (Liberty Rider) with this beeline in order to simplify things & have less distracting navigation (the smarthphone screen with the map displayed is often too distracting).

Looks simple enough. For me personally though, I've found that I don't need the visual afterall. I use bluetooth ear plugs for music anyway, and I find that the audio alone from my phone (stuffed in my pocket) navigation app provides richer instructions than even the NAV display on my R1250GS.

Still though, looks like a neat device.

G’day from Queensland folks. I’ve been using the Beeline Moto for a bit more than a year. It’s a straight forward to set up, though take care not to leave battery saver mode switched-on with your mobile device, or the Beeline will lose its way.
Being an R18 rider, the Beeline Moto appealed to me because of its elegance and simplicity. Sure, it’s not an analogue instrument, but it presents as simple and uncluttered, counting down the distance to the next turn and distilling navigation to turn left or right. Roundabouts are displayed as a number inside the circle to coincide with first / second / third turn.
The idea of a mobile phone device mounted on the handlebar struck me an unsightly solution. Like the bike, the Beeline Moto looks elegant, but you be the judge.
Why is it mounted off centre ? Because the metal mounting clamp is a tad too deep and doesn’t fit between the handlebar and the yoke directly under it. Not annoying at all…..
And the black plastic poly pipe on the bar ? It supresses the sun reflecting off the handlebar to the instrument cluster / speedometer glass. Yes, it’s a bit unsightly, but I’ve not found a better solution… yet.
The key to using this gadget is to plan the ride ahead of time; I use a laptop and the Beeline Moto App together to minimise guess work. It can be done without the laptop, but I’m a bit of dinosaur and find the larger screen easier. It can certainly be done directly on the mobile phone Beeline Moto App.
Beeline_Moto_1.jpgBeeline_Moto_2.jpg

You can install it in the center with the universal mount included with the kit and you can save the cost of the bar clamp. The o-rings avoid the bike wiring whereas the bar clamp does not and hence cannot be fit because of the risers.

IMG_3843.jpeg

Looking at it a second time now, I might just leave it in the center.

IMG_3846.jpeg

Looks simple enough. For me personally though, I've found that I don't need the visual afterall. I use bluetooth ear plugs for music anyway, and I find that the audio alone from my phone (stuffed in my pocket) navigation app provides richer instructions than even the NAV display on my R1250GS.

Still though, looks like a neat device.
Actually that is a suggestion I am making to the Beeline team. They should enable the app to provide voice prompts.

Last edited:
The key to using this gadget is to plan the ride ahead of time; I use a laptop and the Beeline Moto App together to minimise guess work. It can be done without the laptop, but I’m a bit of dinosaur and find the larger screen easier. It can certainly be done directly on the mobile phone Beeline Moto App.
Agreed. However I’ve found the Beeline app to be very easy to use (it also runs on iPad and M1/M2 based Macs)
Also, the maps are very good, pretty much every location or business I’ve entered has showed up (contrary to the BMW ConnectedRide app that I used when I had the GS).

Last edited:
Agreed... I thought the plastic mount looked out-of-keeping with the rest of the R18's build quality. I guess I might have shot myself in the foot... being unable to mount it centrally. The off-centre mount doesn't distract... thankfully. The BMW logo would be cool. I tried to buy the Triumph version (logo on the side looked great), but the local Triumph dealer couldn't be bothered returning my call. Their loss....:rolleyes:

G’day from Queensland folks. I’ve been using the Beeline Moto for a bit more than a year. It’s a straight forward to set up, though take care not to leave battery saver mode switched-on with your mobile device, or the Beeline will lose its way.
Being an R18 rider, the Beeline Moto appealed to me because of its elegance and simplicity. Sure, it’s not an analogue instrument, but it presents as simple and uncluttered, counting down the distance to the next turn and distilling navigation to turn left or right. Roundabouts are displayed as a number inside the circle to coincide with first / second / third turn.
The idea of a mobile phone device mounted on the handlebar struck me an unsightly solution. Like the bike, the Beeline Moto looks elegant, but you be the judge.
Why is it mounted off centre ? Because the metal mounting clamp is a tad too deep and doesn’t fit between the handlebar and the yoke directly under it. Not annoying at all…..
And the black plastic poly pipe on the bar ? It supresses the sun reflecting off the handlebar to the instrument cluster / speedometer glass. Yes, it’s a bit unsightly, but I’ve not found a better solution… yet.
View attachment 11239View attachment 11240
Leather handle bar wraps..choose your colour...a bit like tennis racket grips... that might look better..

Back