Bike stuck at dealership with dead battery.. options?

Nathan

I had a 6k service done by Tom Wood powersports in Indianapolis this week. I had them leave it outside for me today so I could pick it up after they closed. Much to my surprise, the battery was completely dead when I arrived to pick it up. They don't open until Tuesday. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting it to start? Will my battery tender plugged into the SAE lead and powered by a generator be an option?

Had four police officers stop to help me after midnight.. one had one of those little lithium packs that is supposed to jump start a car, but it didn't have the amperage needed to turn her over. The police officers wouldn't jump it with their police cars, but they let me use their jumper cables and I tried to jump it with my daughter's hybrid with no dice. It was 1am by then so we gave up.

I grabbed a portable jump start device from Walmart this afternoon and that was what she needed.. fired right up.

The good news is that she runs like a top after the service. I had been moderately disappointed with how rough she ran, especially from a stop. I don't know if it was a software update or a valve job, but it's a night and day difference. Smoother acceleration, smoother deceleration.. I should have checked the software version before the service, but it's currently 013_012_050 for anyone interested.

Back