Bike Week?

adamchandler

I moved to NC from NH so now Bike Week is within reach. I’m from St. Augustine so my family has a spare room for me. I figured I’d pop down to bike week Saturday and Sunday and see what’s going on. Anyone else going to be there?

Rough guess you are still 500 miles away from Daytona. Will you bike or trailer for this trip?
(lots of interesting history in St Augustine)

I am in Daytona now and will be for the weekend. Won’t be riding my R18, I will be on a red Indian Chief. Glad to arrange a meet somewhere. I love to eat at Osteens restaurant do you know of it?

Rough guess you are still 500 miles away from Daytona. Will you bike or trailer for this trip?
(lots of interesting history in St Augustine)

Oh man, 500 miles is nothing! I've done many 1000 mile days and just one 1100 mile 2-day ride on the R18. No problem getting down there in one go. I just have to stop for an hour to attend a Zoom meeting at a rest stop then back at it.

I am in Daytona now and will be for the weekend. Won’t be riding my R18, I will be on a red Indian Chief. Glad to arrange a meet somewhere. I love to eat at Osteens restaurant do you know of it?

I've passed by O Steen's for years when I lived in St. Augustine. There was always a line outside so I never went :p Grew up pretty poor so our version of eating out was dominos pizza or the Chinese buffet but maybe I should finally go check this place out.

I'll be down closer to Dondanville Road Friday and Saturday nights.

Reactions: Vyk
Oh man, 500 miles is nothing! I've done many 1000 mile days and just one 1100 mile 2-day ride on the R18. No problem getting down there in one go. I just have to stop for an hour to attend a Zoom meeting at a rest stop then back at it.

I've passed by O Steen's for years when I lived in St. Augustine. There was always a line outside so I never went :p Grew up pretty poor so our version of eating out was dominos pizza or the Chinese buffet but maybe I should finally go check this place out.

I'll be down closer to Dondanville Road Friday and Saturday nights.
Let me know when you will be around the Daytona Beach area and maybe we can shake hands

Hi R2K. I’ll let you know if I come down. Waiting for the 24 hour forecast to clear up. The R18 is looking gorgeous after being detailed and I’m seeing some spots of rain so we’ll see.

Back