BMW Connected - Upgrade Problems

I recently did the upgrade to the BMW Connected app on my iPhone. The upgrade was easy and the reinstall of maps was straight forward. While all this is great, now I cannot get the app to connect with the bike! The problem seems to be that the special WIFI never shows up on my phone. The app will try to get into Map Mode but never connects to the bike. Has anyone run into this problem?? Before the upgrade I could get it to connect and I was hoping that the upgrade would make the process easier.....go figure.

Does anyone know what has to be present or happen for that special WIFI to be initiated??

I was thinking of doing that. What's weird is that the WIFI showed up one time, but never again after that which makes no sense if a repairing is needed..... I've used the Connections app, I like it, but like so many things BMW it is a PITA.... Consistency of operation is not there....

I updated weeks ago and now out of nowhere, it disconnects randomly. The only way to reconnect is to stop, shut the bike off and back on, then after few minutes, it reconnects. This system should not be this inconsistent at this point. If they can’t figure it out, they should at least let us install/use apple/android car play.

I updated weeks ago and now out of nowhere, it disconnects randomly. The only way to reconnect is to stop, shut the bike off and back on, then after few minutes, it reconnects. This system should not be this inconsistent at this point. If they can’t figure it out, they should at least let us install/use apple/android car play.
Which app or software did you get "updated"; was it the software on the bike or the BMW connected app? My BMW Connect app is on 4.3.2 (432002); my media and navigation has been solid.

It was the bmw connected app which included the maps updating. It seemed to fix my disconnection issues. My recent issues came out of nowhere. I have a 2022 bagger and my dealership suggested I stay with my current bike software. I can’t remember what version it is, I will check and post it here

It was the bmw connected app which included the maps updating. It seemed to fix my disconnection issues. My recent issues came out of nowhere. I have a 2022 bagger and my dealership suggested I stay with my current bike software. I can’t remember what version it is, I will check and post it here

Ver. 013_012_050
2022 R18 B First Edition
Purchased July 2022 USA New Jersey

BMW Connect app 4.3.2 (432002)

Last edited:
Interesting - I have a 2022 Bagger and I am on v4.3.1 of the connected app right now - in fact It was perfect on a 430 mile ride yesterday. I'll download the new version (v5 - which has traffic rerouting!) and let you know how it goes.

are you using iPhone?
is the "Private Wi-Fi Address" turned off for the bike's wifi connection?
I have a 22bagger also and had disconnecting issues until I turned that off.

Interesting - I have a 2022 Bagger and I am on v4.3.1 of the connected app right now - in fact It was perfect on a 430 mile ride yesterday. I'll download the new version (v5 - which has traffic rerouting!) and let you know how it goes.

I installed V5 of the app on iOS 16 and it still connects fine to the R18B. HOWEVER - Just for fun I tried another phone running the Developer Beta of iOS 17 and it disconnects frequently and is unstable. I reported the issue via the developer feedback assistant. Not sure if it will make it to the app authors, but it should.

Back