BMW Motorrad Gear Recommendations?

Got some store credit to use and need new gear due to being many sizes smaller now than currently owned gear.

Since BMW gear reviews are few and far between, and my local dealer keeps nothing in stock, do you guys have any recommendations or non-recommendations?

i picked the Pure Boxer jacket too, got my vote. it is absolutely brutal, hardcore tough. I got the xl, seems to me it fits a hair bigger than the 54 adventure rallye jacket (not the pro rallye, that model seems to have a different size range to me).

Likewise. Had to go to XL to fit comfortably although I have read that horse hide should be tight to start with. Can’t find out who made these for BMW. Maybe an Italian company hence the small size.

They indicate that it's a "slim fit" on the website. I normally wear a large, and I like my jackets snug. Struggling whether to get the L or XL

I find that with BMW I need to upsize, ie, normally a Large but I needed XL for Pure Boxer leather Jacket. That said, XL trousers were far too big

Oh, since I started this thread, I should mention I got a pair of the “Rider” pants too.

Pretty thin material compared to, say, Rallye pants. They were only $230 and have armor, vents, and a waterproof liner that zips at the waist and leg bottoms.

Very well made, IMHO. For the price quite worth it even if I hadn’t had store credit to use.

I have BMW gear over 20 years old. Their Atlantis suit is quite amazing. The Pure Boxer jacket a thing of beauty although I have to admit, I was disappointed to see it wasn’t made in Japan, Europe or USA which have the best reputation for horse leather jackets. It was made in Vietnam. Slightly ruined the experience as not quite the heritage I was looking for but sadly, the way of the world I guess.

I have BMW gear over 20 years old. Their Atlantis suit is quite amazing. The Pure Boxer jacket a thing of beauty although I have to admit, I was disappointed to see it wasn’t made in Japan, Europe or USA which have the best reputation for horse leather jackets. It was made in Vietnam. Slightly ruined the experience as not quite the heritage I was looking for but sadly, the way of the world I guess.
I still have a BMW Maverick denim suit from the late 90s that looks as good as it did new. My Kalahari suit from the same time frame was also amazing, but hit an exhaust pipe & melted a bit, so it was retired about 10 years ago. In my experience the BMW gear along with Revit & Klim have been some of the best gear made, long lasting, well thought out. My Klim Badlands Pro which I use on my GSA is 10 years old & still looks new after a lot of miles and off-road riding.

While Klim, Revit & BMW gear can be more expensive than cheaper brands like First Gear, Tour Master or some house brands like Sedici & Bilt, I've found they last much longer. I expect at least 10 years out of the better brands, but was lucky to get 2-3 years out of the cheaper ones, so you really do get what you pay for.

Purchased these Pure Boxer gloves but returned them as for the money, very disappointing.
Supposed to be a three season, waterproof glove but certainly don’t feel like they are. Very thin calfskin which feels nice to the touch but the seems on the inside of the glove intrude a lot and stop the gloves feeling so comfortable. Gloves are not fully lined and just don’t feel great for the money. Even at half the price I would have been hesitant. A pity as I have a lot of BMW gear and with the exception of these gloves, rate everything else highly.

Attachments

• 75EAA922-463A-43F6-B28D-D603AB9B5B5C.jpeg
    75EAA922-463A-43F6-B28D-D603AB9B5B5C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 2F21B046-8877-4052-B83E-07D3F5F38580.jpeg
    2F21B046-8877-4052-B83E-07D3F5F38580.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
Back