BMW MOTORRAD:Service schedual and required maintainance kinda sux with extra charges

• Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date
I hate to break it to you, but they are not welded to the frame. They are part of the hanger —which bolts to the frame with two threaded fasteners. This is why I questioned the jig in the first place. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Looks like you won't be able to get Jiggy Widdit....LOL!

Well, I guess the point in all of this is BMW charging you to use a tool ... I will need to look at my 600 mile service receipt and see if they got me too. I can tell you, though, that the service was absurdly expensive. So much so, that the GM apologized and told me to talk to him before scheduling any future service.

Well, I guess the point in all of this is BMW charging you to use a tool ... I will need to look at my 600 mile service receipt and see if they got me too. I can tell you, though, that the service was absurdly expensive. So much so, that the GM apologized and told me to talk to him before scheduling any future service.
Thank you for your reply to this issue.The charge for using a tool so they can do service, sux,4 sure.
The 6,000 mile brake fluid and air filter is another rip to the list.Then there is the scanner purchase to delete codes which is another $uprise.
Again,love the bike and was thinking about a TC but that dream went uo in smoke.I hope BMW will do something for the customers instead of doing things to the customers.

I hate to break it to you, but they are not welded to the frame. They are part of the hanger —which bolts to the frame with two threaded fasteners. This is why I questioned the jig in the first place. 🤷🏼‍♂️
aha.... good to know !! I will crawl under the bike tomorrow and see for myself... pretty narrow spot though....

crawled under it... yes, you are correct... this is bolted to the frame with 2 M10 bolts... do hope BMW realizes that these bolt-on constructions are major potential corrosion issues....

Back