BMW (Mustang) Cross Country Seat

Calboy

To the ones that already have this seat. Is it really that comfortable? I need someone to give me a realistic take on it. I need a seat for my FE R18 and can't wait until February to have my Russell Day Long done.
My ass gets in trouble after about an hour and it ruins the enjoyment of the bike. I'm all ears!

Yes, It is THAT comfortable. Trust me, I had the Stock, the Crosscountry and now the Weekender. The Cross is by far the most comfortable. Said that, the weekender is also good, enough for me and better looking.

I have the Crosscountry and it is very comfortable especially compared to stock. With that said everybody‘s bottom is different.

Corbin:Great!They do take about 3500 miles to break in. I've owned 9 of them over the years.
Stock seat :Maybe the worst seat I have ever owned.Kills me after an hour of riding.

I have a cross country,it's massive, but also a massive improvement !! With the original it was 1 hour max. With the cross country it's tank stop to tank stop, without the need to get of the bike in between... do like it a lot

Attachments

• IMG_20210826_165417.jpg
    IMG_20210826_165417.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Seat comfort is about fit not padding. A wide ass needs a wide seat. A narrow ass needs a narrow seat. If you have a seat that fits and distributes your weight over it's full area it can be hard as a rock and comfortable for long journeys. A good actual measured custom seat manufacturer will do this to the highest level.

Luckily I live near an excellent seat maker 'rich'. For that reason I would never spend those big bucks on 'another' stock seat when the cost is very near the cost of perfection of a custom one.

Blessed we all are to have this problem.

Seat comfort is about fit not padding. A wide ass needs a wide seat. A narrow ass needs a narrow seat. If you have a seat that fits and distributes your weight over it's full area it can be hard as a rock and comfortable for long journeys. A good actual measured custom seat manufacturer will do this to the highest level.

Luckily I live near an excellent seat maker 'rich'. For that reason I would never spend those big bucks on 'another' stock seat when the cost is very near the cost of perfection of a custom one.

Blessed we all are to have this problem.
Are you saying I have a wide ass?

Attachments

• 265E5211-21C0-4562-841D-3231260EFED3.jpeg
    265E5211-21C0-4562-841D-3231260EFED3.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 65
I thought the thread was about me finding out from you guys what seat would be the best choice to replace the stock seat, not about big arses or small arses. Those two creatures look like some cartoon characters, classless and disproportionate. I could never, ever, get excited over something like that. And I'm well traveled...

Back to talking seats for a minute!
I put the Weekender seat on my bike, went riding for a few miles and it was awful. I had a very bad experience with a seat that costs a pretty penny. The pressure points on my ass were still there, less room north-south compared to stock, and soft foam which doesn't help at all. I'm going to wait for my RDL seat because nothing compares to it. I've had a whole bunch of different seats by different manufacturers and I was willing to give Mustang a chance this time around. Unfortunately it was just a waste of time.
Once a RDL user, always an RDL user. The best seat, period. And I don't really care if it looks big on the bike. You can't see it anyway when you sit on it.

Back to talking seats for a minute!
I put the Weekender seat on my bike, went riding for a few miles and it was awful. I had a very bad experience with a seat that costs a pretty penny. The pressure points on my ass were still there, less room north-south compared to stock, and soft foam which doesn't help at all. I'm going to wait for my RDL seat because nothing compares to it. I've had a whole bunch of different seats by different manufacturers and I was willing to give Mustang a chance this time around. Unfortunately it was just a waste of time.
Once a RDL user, always an RDL user. The best seat, period. And I don't really care if it looks big on the bike. You can't see it anyway when you sit on it.
Which one is the RDL. I don’t know that company/brand

9C04FE43-DD4A-4F8B-9F15-8716987425D6.jpeg

I have the same bike. I have the tall seat as well as the stock with the FE. I ordered Day Rider in Brown from the Dealer and had it in three working days. The seat on the FE is a design exercise. Huge difference without going too big..

Back